Home

What should I do with my copy of '11?

This is a discussion on What should I do with my copy of '11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #49
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What should I do with my copy of '11?

Best Buy is doing a bonus 40% trade in credit towards the pre order of NCAA 12. I traded Madden 11 ($10), NCAA 11 ($10), Madden 10 ($2), Fifa 10 ($4), NCAA 10 ($5) With the 40% bonus I got a total $43.20 towards NCAA 2012. Not bad for old sports games I'll never touch again. They woulda gave $25+40% for COD Black Ops but I didn't wanna trade it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #50
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
No, sorry. I understand perfectly what you're trying to say. What you're not understanding is depreciating value.

We all pay our $60 for our copy of NCAA Football in July the market has decided that $60 is the price that new games are worth and we've decided that NCAA Football is a new game that will be worth our money. And most of us, when we get NCAA Football on Tuesday, will start by putting countless, countless hours into the game.

If you're like me, you put a ton of time in during July and August, and once real football starts, you scale back a little in September (though if the NFL isn't playing, I'll probably be playing a lot more NCAA). Anyway, the point is, by the time February rolls around, I'll be playing hardly any NCAA football any more. My dynasty will probably crawl to about a week per week or so.

I'm spending less of my total time and less of my total video game time playing NCAA. It's not worth $60 to me any more. I know this, because I'm not giving it the time I've given to any other new game I purchase--not any more.

And here's another thing I know. By the time the next year's game comes out, I'll never touch the previous year's game ever again. Ever. EVER.

The game is now worth $0 to me. Whether GameStop is going to give me $5 or $30 (depending on how early I bring it back), it's still actually PROFIT to me. I'm getting $5-$30 for something that is basically trash to me.

There are other options for selling it back too, and GameStop may not inherently be the best option (it tends to be for me since I'm trading in and buying used games so often), but to argue that selling your copy of NCAA back used, at any price, is automatically a loss of money? That's just ridiculous. Anyone arguing this point clearly doesn't understand economics.

Now, on the other hand, if you're keeping the game to collect or because it has personal, sentimental value, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. But you're keeping the game for personal reasons, not economic reasons, and there's not an economic justification for keeping the game. As I said, there's nothing WRONG with keeping the game if you WANT to keep it, just don't try arguing that it's the economically better decision.
Well said. I can't remember the last time I paid $60 for a game. I always get them for less (via trade-ins, coupons, doing surveys for gift cards, prize sites etc). I almost never play a sports game again once the new iteration comes out unless it's a true classic (NFL 2K5, NBA 2K11 will probably be in that class). So it doesn't bother me to trade it in no matter how little I get for it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #51
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
If you are short on money then by all means trade it in. If not, maybe you should consider giving it to some kid that can't afford the game. You could really make someone happy, it may make you feel good about it too.
Wish I woulda thought of this first. Good karma is always nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #52
Rookie

fla_boy24's Arena

OVR: 1

KEEP IT! I keep all my NCAA Football games. I have every one my NCAA Football games all the way back to Sega when it was called Bill Walsh College football. I am a true NCAA fan and I have been playing EA Sports games since then.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #53
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_boy24
KEEP IT! I keep all my NCAA Football games. I have every one my NCAA Football games all the way back to Sega when it was called Bill Walsh College football. I am a true NCAA fan and I have been playing EA Sports games since then.
You should honestly frame a copy of Bill Walsh College Football. That would be sick. Put it down in the man cave and show it off to friends.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #54
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksharp
You should honestly frame a copy of Bill Walsh College Football. That would be sick. Put it down in the man cave and show it off to friends.
Yeah you can get a copy of that for about 50 cents nowadays lol.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #55
Rookie

fla_boy24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksharp
Good idea I may do a shadow box frame of the the games from sega, ps, and ps2. I like to pop in some of the old Ncaa football and play it to see how far the franchise has came.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »