Home

Dynasty edit ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty edit ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Dynasty edit ideas

If in fact that the patch will include the ability to edit players in the dynasty then this is a plan of mine to go about it. If its not in then this thread can be deleted at a later date.

Keep in mind that the players currently have a wide range of ratings and are lowered compared to last year. I havent given much thought to what the following ideas could have long term, but here we go.

Since i keep up with all the awards, most league leaders, AA...etc. I was thinking of giving the players that win an award 2 overall points to a category that i think they excelled in, in the current season. Example.....if a HB wins the Heisman and his broken tackle stats were among the best in the counrty, then i would raise BT. Now i understand that raising BT up to 2 overall points may be a little much so i would substitute to raise awareness up since awareness seems to sky rocket overalls. Sam thing goes with a QB. If the QB was tops in the nation in completion percentage than thats what will go up.

Also i would give 1 overall point to 1st team all-americans. 2nd team AA's would receive 2 attribute points as well as freshman AA's.

This is really as far as ive thought ahead. I think it has promise as im awarding players that actually performed well on the field. I'll also probably do something special for the Heisman winner even if he's a senior. Give him a little boost before he goes into Madden.

Thoughts? Concerns?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty edit ideas

Other than time consumption, no concerns - I really like the idea!

I'd probably go through every year and add about five 5-star busts and 10 2-3 star "sleepers" who really end up being way better than their star rating.

Haha, Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit...
Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Other than time consumption, no concerns - I really like the idea!

I'd probably go through every year and add about five 5-star busts and 10 2-3 star "sleepers" who really end up being way better than their star rating.

Haha, Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit...
Its not really time consuming considering there are only 12-14 games in a season. Makes the off-season much more fun. I also keep up with the Rivals top 100 to see if the 5* players are living up to the hype.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Sounds good. But 2 overall points is a lot, you could just add +5 or +10 break tackle to that great power runner. Then it would seem more usual imo.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
Banned

Also the time consuming wouldnt be that bad because if someone won an award.....chances are they are a 1st or 2nd team AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I definitely think an AWR boost to many of the good players, especially QBs, would go a long way to helping spread offenses and such operate efficiently.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

I more or less would use it to give kickers and punters a boost if the number of horrible recruits at those positions still plague this year's game.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I more or less would use it to give kickers and punters a boost if the number of horrible recruits at those positions still plague this year's game.
I think i read somewhere that EA has addressed this issue by the having the Kickers and punters come in as higher overalls. Like 3 and 4* kickers coming in as high 70's and low to mid 80's.

I asked Flightwhite a couple of questions since he has the game, but he said he doesnt play dynasty.

All depends on how the ratings for freshman are and the progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »