Home

Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

This is a discussion on Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #33
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
You think I don't know this?

What were my words?

I said they don't give it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Jeez. I love when people try and flex knowledge and shake their finger at other people and miss the point entirely. The bottom line is in the game if you try to keep the ball you are swarmed in the backfield, period.

I'm just saying you can't tell that the keep doesn't work when the GT user made no effort to make the FB a viable option. Not too mention the Houston user was using the 3-4 and bringing a fair amount of edge blitzes, the give should have been used to force the defense into covering the middle run, but instead the GT user tried too hard to run with the QB.

I'm saying that it was bad strategy to force the QB run and ignore the FB and that is what caused him being swarmed in the backfield so much.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #34
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliefallstar
If GT was a human player then he was really bad at reading the option. If it was the CPU, then we have a problem.
We already have a problem that stem's from last year. Somebody on here already played the game and tried a game of Navy vs Army he said it was the same as last year , stopping the cpu triple option plays are a piece of piss.

Look at LB42 on the first 2 plays he comes in lighting quick untouched from the weak side , and runs the play down from the backside and doesn't even hesitate on the option, its like he already knows where its going.

The triple option is broke , end of.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #35
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
N51 and jaredlib said it best, the QB has absolutely no time to make a decision unless he just hands it right off to the FB.

It's like the defense knows what play is coming before the ball is even snapped. The cornerbacks and Linebackers break right for the QB unblocked, and the defensive line doesn't even come close to biting on the play fake.

The reason these option plays are so useless is because the CPU A.I. knows what play you called, at least that's what it seems. I believe if you cut down on the psychic A.I. playcalling, the option offense would be much more successful; because right now it's blatantly obvious they know what you're running.

One more thing, they have to speed up the animation in the backfield, it sees like the defense is just faster than the QB and half backs. The fake animation is slow, the QB running to the outside animation is slow. Before he even gets his legs churning, the defenders are in the backfield
What's insane about this situation is that they admitted the handoff was too slow in NCAA 10, and that it was too hard to run options and running plays from shotgun. They had a whole blog about how they did a new motion capture for handoffs and how zone reads and blocking assignments finally worked. Lo and behold, when NCAA 11 came out, running from the shotgun was just as bad, if not worse than in previous years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #36
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm with you a 100% on this the FB for GT is the primary ball carrier not the QB or HB. The FB got the ball twice for a total of about 14 yards. He should have keep on giving him the ball until the defense made a adjustment or stoped it. When he did then thats when he should have ran wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RColemanVT
I'm just saying you can't tell that the keep doesn't work when the GT user made no effort to make the FB a viable option. Not too mention the Houston user was using the 3-4 and bringing a fair amount of edge blitzes, the give should have been used to force the defense into covering the middle run, but instead the GT user tried too hard to run with the QB.

I'm saying that it was bad strategy to force the QB run and ignore the FB and that is what caused him being swarmed in the backfield so much.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

I watched GT play two plays on offense before I gave up on the video.

I'm not going to judge the Triple Option in NCAA 12 based on someone who isn't playing it that well.

I did fine when I ran the triple option myself in NCAA11. The CPU? That's another story... but you can't base whether or not EA fixed the CPU running it based on what a HUM is doing with it...

The player controlling Houston was giving him the middle of the field. If you're not going to trust your FB to run 5 yards before he even gets touched by a LB, then don't run the triple option.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Are there problems with the Triple Option? Yes, but the biggest problem in that video was the user. He made the wrong read too many times for it to be successful. Now, if the CPU was doing this badly, then we'd have a bigger problem, but until we get a video of the CPU playing against a user and still failing, I'll reserve judgement.

― Plato
Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
We already have a problem that stem's from last year. Somebody on here already played the game and tried a game of Navy vs Army he said it was the same as last year , stopping the cpu triple option plays are a piece of piss.

Look at LB42 on the first 2 plays he comes in lighting quick untouched from the weak side , and runs the play down from the backside and doesn't even hesitate on the option, its like he already knows where its going.

The triple option is broke , end of.
Nobody on here said that or played that game. A guy from the thegamingtailgate played that game. The same guy playing as Georgia Tech. Watch the Army vs Navy video. The CPU wasn't great but did break off some nice runs as Navy.

Last edited by fincane; 07-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5

Did any of you see the video of the Army/Navy game that they posted from TGT. The guy that was playing with Army was getting worked pretty good on several drives against the CPU. The triple option isnt gonna work on every play but the CPU using Navy did a really good job and several long run and the CPU QB made several good dicisions on when to pitch and when to keep. So with a few sliders adjustments IMO we should be in good shape using or playing against the triple option and that was on All American on Heisman it many be even tougher to stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »