Home

Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

This is a discussion on Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

It does work fellas.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKrUfc0uoM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVfm...eature=related

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb96s...eature=related

CPU is Notre Dame and Air Force is human controlled.

Last edited by eskimos44; 07-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
The question I always have is, will there be a way to fix this problem without making pro-style runs overpowered? I don't honestly know
yes there is but i won't bother going into detail this year to bring it up because people simply don't want to hear it. It's a situation they prefer EA to fix which i don't think EA will just like last year.

But it can be improved without relying on EA that's all i will say

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimos44
The issue has been the Computer. I originally thought the Ga Tech vid was the cpu not a human. So, while the blocking is still a little suspect and the defenses react too quickly, I'm not really all too concerned with the human controlled option game. You can have success.

I'm concerned as to whether or not the cpu is savvy enough to run the option the way the guy using Air Force was. As an offline Dynasty player when you played an Air Force or Ga Tech it was a ridiculously easy win because the option teams would just sputter to 3 and outs all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #52
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
yes there is but i won't bother going into detail this year to bring it up because people simply don't want to hear it. It's a situation they prefer EA to fix which i don't think EA will just like last year.

But it can be improved without relying on EA that's all i will say
I appreciate when you post slider fixes. Last year I used your info to resolve a few of the issues.

Sadly, last year I felt like I spent more time trying to fix EA's issues than I did playing the game.

I'm glad there are some user-controlled work-arounds. But I hate how it sometimes feels like a chore. And I hate feeling like I'm doing EA's job because they were too inept to do it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #53
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Living in ACC country and having a chance to see GT on a regular basis, I can tell you the TWO biggest reasons why GT's offense doesn't work properly.

1) The game can't simulate what GT does in real life because in real life GT's OL is moving a split second before the ball is snapped. I can't understand for the life of me why the ref's won't call a false start on them. The game can't simulate that.

2) Cut Blocks!!! GT cut blocks all day longggg...and I mean all day!

You put those two things in the game and you'll see GT's offense rack up 300 yards per game!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Living in ACC country and having a chance to see GT on a regular basis, I can tell you the TWO biggest reasons why GT's offense doesn't work properly.

1) The game can't simulate what GT does in real life because in real life GT's OL is moving a split second before the ball is snapped. I can't understand for the life of me why the ref's won't call a false start on them. The game can't simulate that. No

2) Cut Blocks!!! GT cut blocks all day longggg...and I mean all day! Yes

You put those two things in the game and you'll see GT's offense rack up 300 yards per game!
In bold...

― Plato
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #55
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

1) The game can't simulate what GT does in real life because in real life GT's OL is moving a split second before the ball is snapped. I can't understand for the life of me why the ref's won't call a false start on them. The game can't simulate that.

Lol, seems like you used this thread as an opportunity to bash a rival ACC team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #56
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I've heard enough "this offense isn't fair" from ACC fans, but THIS is probably the worst excuse I've ever heard.

The real main reasons the option doesn't work:

1. Yes, Tech blocks low and thats not in the game.
2. IRL all 11 guys on defense are not going to know who has the ball. On NCAA the D knows who has the ball on every option play. I'm sure something can be programmed on D for option. I mean, IRL we run it up the middle six straight times with the B-back and then the D loses sight of the A-back so we pitch it to him on the next play and he has all day to run. That can't really happen realistically in NCAA.
3. The mesh is way to slow.

That said that video was a pretty accurate view of our offense in 2010. God we sucked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »