Home

Ok, I notice diving receptions are in , why not diving interceptions? Smh

This is a discussion on Ok, I notice diving receptions are in , why not diving interceptions? Smh within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

JSmooveIV's Arena

OVR: 0
Ok, I notice diving receptions are in , why not diving interceptions? Smh

It would be really nice to see defenders even attempy a dive fot a poorly thrown ball heading for da "3d grass", deflected pass, or just a pass a little out of reach..even if they couldnt actually get it dive attempts cpuld be made sometimes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ok, I notice diving receptions are in , why not diving interceptions? Smh

I got one with Oregon. It has to be really overthrown though.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

That is one thing I liked about Madden 11, they did this automatically on tipped passes, deflected passes.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess the EA developers just havent caught up on the defensive side of the ball. In Real Games, players will do anything possible to get a pick, dive for it, jump high, even deflect the ball back inbounds(Oklahoma State). But in the video game they just havent found a way to implement that. I will be playing a game and the ball is thrown towards a player at the sidelines. I cut off the throw but every time i know that the ball will not be a pick because EA hasnt taught corners how to "Toe Tap" yet. They have recievers doing it, now just make all players able to do it and the game would be entirely different.

Check out my Podcast here
Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoore 28
I guess the EA developers just havent caught up on the defensive side of the ball. In Real Games, players will do anything possible to get a pick, dive for it, jump high, even deflect the ball back inbounds(Oklahoma State). But in the video game they just havent found a way to implement that. I will be playing a game and the ball is thrown towards a player at the sidelines. I cut off the throw but every time i know that the ball will not be a pick because EA hasnt taught corners how to "Toe Tap" yet. They have recievers doing it, now just make all players able to do it and the game would be entirely different.
I hate that everytime one of my players tips the ball to another defensive player they NEVER and I mean NEVER intercept it. I mean come on, just once or twice you would think they would have the ability to catch the dang ball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

I have never had these problems with interceptions

I have actually attempted quite a few of diving INT's in past games

and Corners are aware of the sidelines
Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoore 28
That actually is possible but it's VERY hard to do in the video game. This is actually something that I do try during games because I know with the sliders that I use, the only way I'm getting an interceptions is if the quarterback throws it directly to me. So swatting the ball back in and then quickly taking control of the closest defender takes time and it is possible to do.. but, I've never actually been able to get the pick off of the deflection.

Basically, what I believe needs to happen and would solve all these issues is by using the same codes or whatever for corners and receivers. They are basically the exact same player except one has to defend.. that's how EA needs to look at it. It's two receivers on the field, just one needs to be able to play zone, man etc.. I think that would make it easier on them.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That actually is possible but it's VERY hard to do in the video game. This is actually something that I do try during games because I know with the sliders that I use, the only way I'm getting an interceptions is if the quarterback throws it directly to me. So swatting the ball back in and then quickly taking control of the closest defender takes time and it is possible to do.. but, I've never actually been able to get the pick off of the deflection.

Basically, what I believe needs to happen and would solve all these issues is by using the same codes or whatever for corners and receivers. They are basically the exact same player except one has to defend.. that's how EA needs to look at it. It's two receivers on the field, just one needs to be able to play zone, man etc.. I think that would make it easier on them.
Yes. And also be sure to implement the same catching animations. I want to see my corner reach his arm back and snatch the ball out of the air or dive and snag off the ground polamalu style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my Podcast here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »