Home

Sportsgamerblog.com interview with NCAA Football 12 producer, Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Sportsgamerblog.com interview with NCAA Football 12 producer, Ben Haumiller within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sportsgamerblog.com interview with NCAA Football 12 producer, Ben Haumiller

Here is an interview that Sportsgamerblog.com conducted with NCAA Football 12 Associate Producer, Ben Haumiller.

In the interview, here are a list of some of the topics that we covered.

- What he feels is the most important change to the game for this year.

- How suction tackling has been removed and how animations have been changed as a result of that.

- Adjustments that have been made in relation to how some sorts of animations can have a greater impact on fumbles and other aspects of play.

- Issues with clock management and how they struggle with them and what they are trying to do to correct them

- How the weather effects are implemented and the limitations that you may see in the game with them

- The large amount of changes included in the Road to Glory mode, how the experience points are handled, and if it's really possible to lose a position or "benefit" once you gain it.

- The decision process for charging an additional amount for SuperSim online capabilities

- Talking about the Coaching Carousel component to the dynasty feature, what it offers, and the limitations of the new feature

- What small changes have been made to the recruiting aspect of the dynasty mode

- How the conference customization is handled and what you can and cannot do with it.

- What they do to balance out things such as new presentation elements versus requested gameplay fixes that people have noticed.

You can find the podcast via either of the following links.

MP3

iTunes

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

Re: Sportsgamerblog.com interview with NCAA Football 12 producer, Ben Haumiller

Very nice! Good to hear Ben talking with what seemed like no defenses up. Hit on the high points of the game, but also asked some new questions that we have wanted answers for.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Rookie

That was my concern about the interview as well, but as it went on I got more comfortable with the fact that he wouldn't shut me down if I asked him questions that were not going to get stock answers.

I have to give him credit for that, at the very least.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a great interview. It was nice to see an interview that didn't ask cupcake questions and asked questions that were not the typical question that we already know the answer.

Great job as well by Ben, you often see a guy change the topic or make up a bull**** answer. It was nice to see him say he wasn't sure on a couple questions, and was willing to admit some errors that they missed. When we see the big interviews it seems like we often get "Not taking those questions at this time response"

Great Job..

Also loved the "Auburn 04 Championship year" even though they didn't get to play for a championship
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Why do I get the feeling Ben is not being completely honest with the depth of some of these features....

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »