Home

Do you create your own recruits?

This is a discussion on Do you create your own recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do you create your own recruits?

I used to not do it at all until last year when the player progression was messed up down the road.

I started creating 5-10 guys a year from all over the place to keep things interesting. I usually never recruited them just to keep things competitive. They were always #1 in their position, but I never made them super-recruits or anything.

These are the guys that I can remember from my Tulane dynasty. I was still struggling as a 2-4 or 5 star school during these years, so I never had a chance to get them anyway. I just liked to watch from afar, or play against them just for fun.

Willie Beamen (QB) - ended up at Texas A&M
Sean Taylor (FS) - ended up at Florida (please don't hate me Canes fans, I tried to recruit him when I saw he was leaning Florida just so it wouldn't happen)
Bull Dozer (HB) (I know, it's lame) - Texas A&M
Smash Williams (HB) - Texas A&M
(for whatever reason, A&M cleaned up on Texas recruits throughout my dynasty)
Patrick Gravel (CB) - Ohio State
I made Eric Berry's little brothers (one CB, one SS) who ended up at UGA and LSU
Deion Sanders son (CB) went to Florida
made a Jerry Rice son who went to Cal or UCLA, can't remember
I made a buuuuunch of random FBs from all over the place because I was tired of seeing 2*s at the FB position
NHL - Predators
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
No, because i wouldn't be able to resist making them too good
Self control...make them like someone else said, about an 80...also no guarantee that you will land them; I've had players I made end up going to other schools...grr
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 23

Anyone interested I have a whole 10 Blogs of players I came up with, they are pretty sweet! CHeck them out and feel free to use them as you see fit. Any questions about them hit me up!

It's players I have collected over the years from NCAA 2004 - Present from my dynasties. They had some meaning to me so I kept up woth them and I still create them til this day. There Real to me Dang it!! lol
Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

YES!!!!!!!
I make two the first year, and one every year after that. They are always the same names and positions. I use my boys names, and a few guys from my high school football team ( just so I can recognize their names quickly) adds another layer of fun to it for me. If they ever removed create a prospect from the game I would be PISSED!!!! And now that the BS between NCAA and Madden has been fixed, the Draft will be really cool too!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #21
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

Every once in a while I'll create a 90+ speed 90+ arm strength QB. I just don't see speedy agile guys with good arms in game even though they do show up in real life.

Also I've made Sean Taylor like safeties too because he's my favorite Redskin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteveTN09
I used to not do it at all until last year when the player progression was messed up down the road.

I started creating 5-10 guys a year from all over the place to keep things interesting. I usually never recruited them just to keep things competitive. They were always #1 in their position, but I never made them super-recruits or anything.

These are the guys that I can remember from my Tulane dynasty. I was still struggling as a 2-4 or 5 star school during these years, so I never had a chance to get them anyway. I just liked to watch from afar, or play against them just for fun.

Willie Beamen (QB) - ended up at Texas A&M
Sean Taylor (FS) - ended up at Florida (please don't hate me Canes fans, I tried to recruit him when I saw he was leaning Florida just so it wouldn't happen)
Bull Dozer (HB) (I know, it's lame) - Texas A&M
Smash Williams (HB) - Texas A&M
(for whatever reason, A&M cleaned up on Texas recruits throughout my dynasty)
Patrick Gravel (CB) - Ohio State
I made Eric Berry's little brothers (one CB, one SS) who ended up at UGA and LSU
Deion Sanders son (CB) went to Florida
made a Jerry Rice son who went to Cal or UCLA, can't remember
I made a buuuuunch of random FBs from all over the place because I was tired of seeing 2*s at the FB position
SMASH WILLIAMS! i was gonna make him this year, ive been watching the first few seasons of Friday Night Lights on DVD and figured i had to make him this year, maybe even Saracen
Old 07-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #23
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

I usually create myself my brother and a friend of mine. I keep the ratings around 80-85 and I keep up with there careers. I never usually end up with any of them.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heck yes!!!

I start with my son (DE or LB sometimes QB or RB) and then I create myself (Always WR). This is always PRIOR to starting a dynasty though (just realized the op said create a recruit )

Once in Dynasty I create players at random at various point during the dynasty. Although I usually create a TE with the name Clark Kent (yeah silly I know...but it's fun). A FB with the name of Mack Truck. Sometimes I create a QB (named after the family dog while I was growing up).

Sometimes I create buddies of mine from High school or guys that were in the Marine Corps with me as well.

Don't always get who I make...and if a Rival gets them it's a blast...especially if their "super recruits".

Sometimes I'm realistic when I create them and sometimes their 99 ovr...just depends. Although my son is always a 99 OVR player and so is Clark Kent

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »