Home

Oregon's so jacked up!?!

This is a discussion on Oregon's so jacked up!?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Oregon's so jacked up!?!

There were 3 down lineman with the "read" lineman playing 3 technique. There wasnt a traditional 5 tech to read in that play. Can you show this DT zone read against a 4-3?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Reading the DT on our zone option is just ONE variation of our entire offense at Oregon. There are times we read the end (example play call: Fire Rocket Read), times where we read the DT (GAP Fire Rocket Read), and times where we read the OLB (VIEW Fire Rocket Read).

To complain about not having our DT read play is really like complaining that one specific play isn't in our playbook. It's not our entire offense buddy...
Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
There were 3 down lineman with the "read" lineman playing 3 technique. There wasnt a traditional 5 tech to read in that play. Can you show this DT zone read against a 4-3?
No it's specifically designed to attack a 3 tech. tackle. It's completely absent from the game.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #20
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack23
Reading the DT on our zone option is just ONE variation of our entire offense at Oregon. There are times we read the end (example play call: Fire Rocket Read), times where we read the DT (GAP Fire Rocket Read), and times where we read the OLB (VIEW Fire Rocket Read).

To complain about not having our DT read play is really like complaining that one specific play isn't in our playbook. It's not our entire offense buddy...
No I know that, the entire Stanford game we abused the crap out of their DE's but still attacked inside and read the play side defensive tackle. What I'm saying is when I match up against a 3 tech. on NCAA 12 I won't be able to attack it like Oregon would in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1FA...eature=related
Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #21
Rookie

Also it's not always the 3 tech we're reading. Versus a 4-3 we're reading the backside DT, whether he's in a 1 or a 3 tech.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
Rookie

Ok gotcha. You're right though, it would be nice if it was in there but I don't think it's a dealbreaker
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #23
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Quote:
Also it's not always the 3 tech we're reading. Versus a 4-3 we're reading the backside DT, whether he's in a 1 or a 3 tech.
I get that we read the play side defensive tackle as well. Look at the Stanford game, down the stretch we destroyed Stanfords defensive line inside and out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1FA...eature=related
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #24
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

Quote:
Ok gotcha. You're right though, it would be nice if it was in there but I don't think it's a dealbreaker
To some degree it is, it's just pure laziness on EA's part. Oregon made the Rose bowl then followed up with a National Championship appearance. . . there's no reason for it not to be implemented all ready.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »