Home

Give us a reason to be excited about lower-ranked teams

This is a discussion on Give us a reason to be excited about lower-ranked teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Give us a reason to be excited about lower-ranked teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
And when you fail there, after your initial contract you can take your talent to South Beach!
FIU, perhaps? It's a step up at least, but what am I saying. Everything is a step up!

If the U had something to offer me in the way of applied math, I'd so do it. I would hope in the next year, most would have finally chilled about it, but I still see posts about Lebron this and Lebron that from my friends and I'm like... really? Ok yea, he walked out on your team, but he gave 7 years. It's not like he got drafted, refused to sign, and demanded a trade to Miami right off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #26
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon10 Re: Give us a reason to be excited about lower-ranked teams

I don't necessarily play with low prestige teams because of playmakers. I like to recruit my own talent. In our online dynasty we take 12 one star prestige teams and try to turn them into powerhouses over multiple years.

Can't bleeping wait!
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Follow me on Twitter: @ChrisStockton9
Old 07-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #27
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
FIU, perhaps? It's a step up at least, but what am I saying. Everything is a step up!

If the U had something to offer me in the way of applied math, I'd so do it. I would hope in the next year, most would have finally chilled about it, but I still see posts about Lebron this and Lebron that from my friends and I'm like... really? Ok yea, he walked out on your team, but he gave 7 years. It's not like he got drafted, refused to sign, and demanded a trade to Miami right off.
I like to view athletes as characters in a never ending TV show, and Lebron and the Miami Heat are the evil character you like to root against. Lebron's character is that he is a self-centered, egotistical jerk. Now I do not know if he really is like that but his character is. No lie, the only reason I payed attention to the NBA was to see the Heat fail. BTW I'm a Knicks fan, not a Cavs fan.

Back on topic....

Ohio Bobacats. Make the citizens of Ohio say "Ohio State who?"

Western Michigan. Schedule every Michigasn team and create your own Michgan version of the Commander in Chief Trophy. Take Michigan down another star or 4.

Big East - Lets face it, the polls hate this conference. If you make a National Title game...I demand Pics!

Tulane - Graduate the next great J.P. Losman. Hey maybe the Bills will pick him up.

Texas State - Brand new school. Oh wait, that will have to wait a few more years. *Sigh*

App. St. - One of the best football programs in the coun...oh wait thats right.

If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #28
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerCNSK
Josh Harris, Wake Forest
Yup his flat out fast, not sure of his speed in the game but in real life his good for it, cant forget tanner price at QB should be okay.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only setback with this year's addition of Coaching Carousel? You're only granted a two year contract initially, which basically forces you to start winning in season one. Bummer, because I remember in NCAA 06 playing a dynasty with San Jose St and not really turning the corner until, like, season four or five. But the three to four years of hardship preceding made winning that much sweeter. Not sure we'll have that much time to rebuild with Coaching Carousel in place. For that reason, I'm gonna go with a lower-tier BCS school a la Virginia or Colorado.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholmate
The only setback with this year's addition of Coaching Carousel? You're only granted a two year contract initially, which basically forces you to start winning in season one. Bummer, because I remember in NCAA 06 playing a dynasty with San Jose St and not really turning the corner until, like, season four or five. But the three to four years of hardship preceding made winning that much sweeter. Not sure we'll have that much time to rebuild with Coaching Carousel in place. For that reason, I'm gonna go with a lower-tier BCS school a la Virginia or Colorado.
In posted videos at tradition sports, the goals in the dynasty as OC at Texas Tech, he only had to win 4 games (maybe it was 6, but I think it was 4). I'd hardly say 4 games is winning right away. As long as you are meeting most of your goals, you will probably keep your job. Wait and see approach here.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #31
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

SMU - Kyle Padron and Zach Line
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you want a low-ranked BCS team and love to throw the ball around, definitely check out Duke. They should be a pretty good passing team this season and they've got a good young RB. Only downside is their defense is arguably the worst in the NCAA. Last year, they were the worst defense I've ever seen anywhere, period. So yeah, if you want every game to be a shootout or want to a nice challenge, play with Duke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »