Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Roster Editing In, Launch Day Title Update Notes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Roster Editing In, Launch Day Title Update Notes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #65
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Roster Editing In, Launch Day Title Update Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
WOW!!! These updates may have sealed the fate of Madden 12 for me after hearing about no improvements to Online franchise.

Great job NCAA!!!
I'm right there with you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Roster Editing In, Launch Day Title Update Notes

In being able to change the computers playbook, is this allowed by the comish only? I think this could be bad, if available in online dynasties. Reason: you could give your cpu opponent Georgia Techs play book every game, which last year was completely ineffective vs. a human player. Hope that's not the case
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey can we edit the sparq 100 recruits during dyansty
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #68
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

That's what's funny... I have no idea why people say Madden is THE title this year. NCAA might be the only one I buy
Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #69
Rookie

Harrison_UNC_Barnes*'s Arena

OVR: 2

This is great in all but what about updating equipment?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19
No Superman LB jumps no more...
No Corner/WR with He-man Strength...
Impact Blocking increase for non-OL....
Power Backs that behave as Power RB, Scat Backs behaving as Speedy guys..
Making Explosiveness finally part of the game...
Making Blazing Speed a fine wine that's not the norm...
Limiting players from changing direction on a dime...

Oh, it is so on come July 12th.

My 1st few days will focus on Testing and collaborating with other guys to find those sweet spots in the Ratings to bring out all the animations in the game.

Man, can't wait.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #71
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The first update I’ll mention is 100% the result of you in the community making your voice heard about a feature you wanted to see added. With the update you will now be able to edit rosters from inside of Dynasty mode. Plus, in Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit rosters. It’s almost unheard of to have a new feature added during a title update as we tend to focus more on updates to what already exists in the game, but we wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys our appreciation for being such a dedicated, hardcore fan base.
Quote:
In Dynasty mode, many of you expressed frustration over CPU controlled teams over signing players at certain positions in future years. This is an issue we fixed early in the cycle for NCAA Football 12, but as can sometimes be the case in software development, a fix to one bug can introduce a bug or revert a fix somewhere else. Unfortunately that was the case with this issue as we reached the end of the development cycle. In this update, position maximum caps have been instituted to prevent the CPU from being able to over sign at a position.
Quote:
Fixed an issue with the velocity of receivers when attempting to catch a pass that prevented catch animations from playing in certain situations (i.e. the ball bouncing off of a receiver without them making an attempt to catch it).

- Fixed an issue with blocking assignments where offensive linemen were not correctly picking up defenders that went from man coverage assignments to chasing down the ball carrier on running plays.

- Fixed an issue with offensive players who were out of position to make a block too often due to their assignments getting crossed with another player when determining who to block mid-play.

- Fixed an issue where defensive coverage assignments were not updated correctly when the offense called an audible.

- Fixed and issue that was causing defenders to play the curl route too effectively.

- Fixed an issue where the play was not always whistled dead when the kicking team touched the ball.

- Tuned and fixed issues with AI ball carriers running decisions and use of special moves (jukes, spins, etc.)

- Fixed an issue where fumbles were being called too often on a late throw away during a sack.

- Fixed an issue where a safety playing deep zone did not cover properly against a Trips set.

- Fixed an issue in 2 Man Under where the Free Safety did not cover the deep post route properly.

- Fixed an issue with Cover 1 in the 4-2-5 where the safety was attempting to cover a WR on the other side of the field.

- Fixed an issue during post and pre-play where player’s heads would snap to change what they were looking at, which looked very awkward.

- Fixed an issue to prevent linebackers from man aligning when in Cover 3 Zone.
Me Happy.

As an aside, it make me sad to hear so many online folks being worried that Commissioners may do something unethical with the player editor. Can't believe that there are so many losers out there.(Well I can, I just don't want to).

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #72
Rookie

RW Nole's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
My man look at it from a broader scale. None of us know which players will blow up next season. Some guy always comes out of nowhere to put up gigantic numbers IRL. But, he may be rated just a 71 ovr on the game. Well now, we have the ability to go in at any point during the season and adjust his ratings. Look at what this option does as far as recruiting goes; Because the recruits are generic, they aren't geared towards real life recruits. Most of us like to edit real recruits onto our teams. That was a hard thing to do in the past because you couldn't edit height, weight, or much else for that matter. Now instead of me trying to recruit someone close to(Keith Marshall should he come to UNC), I can make Keith Marshall exactly as he is IRL. That's the awesome thing about it. I just hope we can edit CPU's depth chart too.
Exactly. This feature is huge and will do much more than just keep recruiting classes ranked properly. When you download a school from teambuilder it randomly assigns redshirts. You can only choose freshman, sophomore, junior, senior from the drop down tab on teambuilder. So maybe you download your team and than high ranked freshman RB you wanted to be a true freshman turns out to have a redshirt already. Now you can make the eligibility of your team exactly to your liking.

You can also manually fix progression problems. If I sign a 5* DE that is 6'5" 230 lbs, he shouldn't be 6'5 232 lbs the next season. If he is, I can make him 240 lbs or 800 lbs or whatever I want him to be. Ever rcruit a 6"6" 280 lb LT? I have. He graduated as a RS Sr 6'6" 287 lbs. This can also help fix issues EA has had with position changes. IRL players change positions all the time and many go on to have much success after they do. Players took such massive ratings hit when trying to change positions it made it not worth it to even try. TE to FB, WR to CB, OLB to DE......these are all real possibilities now.

This feature adds a ton of playability to this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »