Home

Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team?

This is a discussion on Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Hardest team to turn into a 6 star team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I only recruited and simmed one year with Hawaii (why I did that I have no idea), but I had 25 recruits signed before Week 13. Recruiting was a breeze. Hawaii is easy for me. You get almost the whole state of Hawaii and a bit of California.
Well what level were you recruiting on ?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Well what level were you recruiting on ?
Oh yeah should've taken that into account. Haha I hate recruiting so I never recruit and when I do recruit I recruit on low levels... Well what I said means nothing, hahaha.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
In my opinion. 1 star BCS conference teams in bad recruiting states are the most difficult to improve. Tough schedule, weak talent base to work from.
That is my thinking
Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #20
Rookie

JBate24's Arena

OVR: 1

I just started a dynasty with Duke in '11, I'm thinking they'd be kind of difficult to raise to a national power.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Banned

My guess would be Idaho. Poor Conference, poor team starting out, poor recruiting area and plus, you have to deal with Boise State.

Another possibility would be Akron. Akron is the "weakest" team in the game, and they have to battle it out with a large abundance of Ohio teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #22
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
My guess would be Idaho. Poor Conference, poor team starting out, poor recruiting area and plus, you have to deal with Boise State.

Another possibility would be Akron. Akron is the "weakest" team in the game, and they have to battle it out with a large abundance of Ohio teams.
Would you say being a terrible team in a great conference is the hardest(vandy)? Or a mediocre to bad team in a poor conference is hardest?

I'm a Notre Dame fan so i have never tried making a bad team good, but will this year. The thing i like about Notre Dame is, i can schedule whomever i want, whenever i want, i only ever play 1 creampuff a year and that is navy at home in week 6 for recruiting. Poor Navy, crushed by 70 points in a shut-out every year.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Would you say being a terrible team in a great conference is the hardest(vandy)? Or a mediocre to bad team in a poor conference is hardest?

I'm a Notre Dame fan so i have never tried making a bad team good, but will this year. The thing i like about Notre Dame is, i can schedule whomever i want, whenever i want, i only ever play 1 creampuff a year and that is navy at home in week 6 for recruiting. Poor Navy, crushed by 70 points in a shut-out every year.
Here's the thing. Competition and who you play is of course less difficult when you are playing in the C-USA over the SEC. But Recruiting wise, moving up in the polls, making decent bowl games, etc are much more difficult when you are a team in a less talented Conference. So in my opinion, playing with a poor team in a poor conference is harder then playing with a poor team in a good conference. But with the new Coaching Carousal, you could move that team you are building, when you are getting good. So lets say you are Idaho, and you've been smokin' for a couple years. Well the ultimate challenge would be moving up into a new conference. Thus, testing the waters.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #24
Rookie

In this year's game?

1 - EMU
2 - Buffalo
3 - New Mexico St

Why these three? Low team rating paired with a shallow in-state recruiting pool makes for a sorrya-sed combination. Yea Michigan is a better hs football state than New York and New Mexico, but EMU's roster is effin heinous in this year's game. Ugh!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »