Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This thread will be used for GAMEPLAY impressions and discussions from those members with the game. This includes any and all on the field impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for general questions or discussion. The only posts that should be in this thread are posts from those members with the game.

ANY OTHER POSTS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE. This means you are able to to be banned just by posting a question in this thread.

Stop here. Read the above bolded line again.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Pared; 07-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 12 Retail Impressions (Gameplay - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Played for 5-10 minutes before I had to leave, gameplay seems alot more smoother for ps3 version this year.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife

Last edited by ElroyJetson; 07-08-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

guys, you MUST prove YOU OWN the game...not giving impressions of a best buy full retail kiosk or gamestop, etc.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

After six complete games here are my pros, cons and thoughts:

Pros
Defense is back in a big way! I threw 7 ints in 2 games. And they were my fault, no BS! This game may be much harder to play now after a 6 pack of adult beverages, LOL

On a related note: Zone defense really is fixed! Yay!

The lighting is incredible!

Weather affects things more: Played one rain game and see a lot of slipping, more fumbles

Jerseys show great wear and tear (mud, visible sweat stains, etc)

Fog looks really cool

Defenders drop less interceptions (which could be a con depending on your view LOL)

The kicker warming up scene is right (unlike demo)

Finally, FINALLY, they fixed the playcall screen so that when you get to 4th down the game does NOT automatically default to the special teams screen. Instead it is like any other down. I'm SOOOooOo glad this is finally fixed.

WR's fight for the ball more (still not as much as I'd like to see though)

I really love the gametrack recaps (is that what they are called) they periodically have throughout the game...more of this stuff please!!

QBs controlled by the CPU *DO* scramble on you if they are fast (didn't see any scrambling out of the pocket by the slower Notre Dame QB)

I saw the CPU HBs break some long runs and they didn't do the "cover the ball" nonsense

Definitely a lot more animations I've never seen before. Makes the game feel more fresh!

QBs who scramble get tired and go red VERY quickly..this will help stop cheesing it up with fast QBs IMO

You can get pressure with ONLY the front four now and get sacks more often with dominant linemen..

Cons
Man to man sometimes has that "mirroring" feature we all hate. Had one comeback route picked off due to the psychic mirror (UPDATE: EA says this is fixed with the release day patch)

Can't have any rain or snow with fog

Linebackers still break up too many balls thrown beyond them (not as bad but still there) with a jump (used to be super jump, now just a jump it seems).

Michigan States uniforms are still too light

Lots of sacks in this game, I think cuz I'm so used to having all day in the pocket, this could be a positive though I think...may need to adjust pass blocking slightly up though..

On a related note, this game is BRUTAL on QBs...I had 3 OSU QBs injured in my game vs.Michigan...although I really think its cuz I'm pulling a Roethlisberger (holding onto the ball way, way too long)

When you hit pause and go through the menu some of the other menus appear below and/or to the left of the menu, doesn't seem to create any issues but looks weird (glitchy) (UPDATE: this is now somewhat fixed with the patch, still occurs but not as much)

Wind only seems to affect field goals, not passing

What is this odd noise that appears after you pick a formation, then again when you pick your play?? Like a whooshing noise. this was in the demo. How can we get rid of this? annoying..(UPDATE: turn menu FX all the way down to kill this stupid sound)

Why does the controller rumble right after you break huddle each time?

I really liked the old way of picking plays, wish we had an option to go back to it.

Coach editing in regards to faces, hats, clothes seems fairly limited.

Playing on default sliders the CPU does not seem that great at rushing the ball

Saw the CPU QB throw the ball out of bounds right after the ball was snapped. No flag either. I have seen this at least a couple of times a game, needs fixed!!

Heard about 2 lines of new commentary I think in 2 games, still pretty lacking!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

My game scores so far, most games are on six minute quarters, default all-American

Games I lost:
Michigan 14 OSU 13
Notre dame 21 Michigan State 7
Cincinnati 10 Louisville 7
Georgia 19 Texas 13

Games I won:
Wisconsin 7 Purdue 3
Michigan 14 Penn State 0

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

7 games with pass interference for offense and defense maxed and so far only one call for def. PI

CPU still punts terribly but not every time

Punt returns are improved, still too hard but I get the feeling we will be breaking them every so often

Kick returns still seem nearly impossible though

I have noticed more false starts on the HOME team due to noise than the away team...odd...maybe it's just a coincidence though..

Old 07-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

im loving the new tackling system and animations..everythings so fluid

Last edited by brobamigo; 07-09-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Occasional, slight slow down on kickoffs at times, very subtle though (Xbox)

They've reduced the highlights to 2 videos and 3 pics per game, ugh..(UPDATE: EA servers are back up and you can now upload 5 videos and 8 pics again! So glad for that, I would have hated it to be 2 videos and 3 pics!)

I am noticing too many pancakes on the line, both offensively and defensively, although more so it's my own guy on defense getting pushed down to the ground...

Last edited by ODogg; 07-10-2011 at 02:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »