Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Noticed that as well, I typed in "Grens" and am apparently the "Buffaloes".

Also, not sure about everyone else but they updated our home stadium (You have 3 choices this year...Except you can't see them before you select them, which is unfortunate) However, they are much better than the generic stadium we have been playing in for years.

Also, I did not see the option to just play the high school playoffs? Maybe I missed it...
Im pretty tired but i thought I saw the option after you create your player. It shows three options; play season, play playoffs and go to signing day.

Also, got through 6 games as a HB last night. Got 18 carries the first time, then 8, 10, 13, 11 and 7. I am playing as an iron man though as a CB as well so that may be affecting my ability to stay in on offense. My next one I'll just play as my primary position. I wish I could see the box score and see how many carries my back up got. Also, I really hate driving my team down to the 5 and being pulled to have my back up score the TD.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: NCAA 12 Retail Impressions (Dynasty/Road To Glory - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Went Iron Man for my RTG (QB/FS). I hate the camera for defense. I was chasing a WR to the sideline when out of no where the camera swung around and I was running away from the ball carrier.

That said, I really like the ability to play an entire season. This should be lots of fun while I wait for rosters. May even make an OS blog about it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Some recruiting tidbits...

Strong Safeties no longer universally suck. Some nice speed/acc ratings for several of them.

Better RB ratings, but still no "total package guys" with both Great Speed AND Great break tackle ratings.

Many more speed backs than last year I see.

The #1 FB prospect is.... 5'11" 194 pounds. Argh! Need to get those weights fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Potential Issue.....

Simmed the first season and Auburn's training results after Season 1 were a bit alarming.

I'd say 85-90% of the entire team went up at least 5 points or so.

This could be an issue. I'd hate to see every guy on my team go up 15+ points in 3 years.

That would mean 75 rated players were 90s by their 3rd year.

I'll have to sim further, but that could be an issue.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Potential Issue.....

Simmed the first season and Auburn's training results after Season 1 were a bit alarming.

I'd say 85-90% of the entire team went up at least 5 points or so.

This could be an issue. I'd hate to see every guy on my team go up 15+ points in 3 years.

That would mean 75 rated players were 90s by their 3rd year.

I'll have to sim further, but that could be an issue.

Yeah, Im seeing this as a huge issue. Way too many 90+ rated players in the game after a few years. I would rather have it like last year with players not rated high enough then so many highly rated players. I guess this is what we get when too many people complain.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

I sent a pm to a mod and also posted my proof in post # 2767 of the Early release strategy thread.

Ok, here's a few things I can think of from the new and improved RTG

-You can set your high school season length from between 7-11 games. This does not count playoffs. You edit your entire schedule (difficulty, teambuilder uniforms of opponents, color scheme of opponents) before the season starts.

-If you walk-on somewhere you lose all your skill points you accumulated through your high school career.

-The addition of scholarships and teams being interested in you really helps

-Once you sign with a school...you CAN select your uniforms and you CAN have commentary if you wish. Also sliders are allowed. But it definitely needs custom quarter length.

-Playcalling doesn't seem to be improved. Playing with my Baylor HB we were down 17-7 to K-State and we did not throw one single pass during the entire second half. Ended up losing 17-7.

-In previous games before the K-State one, I would be wide open and Robert Griffin (QB) would take off and scramble for no apparent reason. He did this fairly frequently. Frustrating, but it was nice to see the QB scramble. Griffin is a beast.

-It seems that it may be REALLY important to base your choice of school on their playbook. Baylor is listed as a spread offense but the most carries I have gotten in the 3 games I have started has been 8.

-The interface is much improved. It's basically a regular dynasty interface with a few more special options/screens thrown in that focus on your RTG progress. Much more immersing than last year.

-You can "buy" skill upgrades with the points you earn during practice and games for big plays and highlights. They come in career boosts and single-game boosts.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to pm me but I may not get back with you until sometime tomorrow. Probably going to devote the rest of my time tonight to playing.

EDIT: Ok I need to harp on QB decision making/playcalling just ONE more time.

Down 14-7 with approximately 40 seconds left in the first half vs Iowa State, Baylor (Me) is on the ISU 30. We have one timeout left and call:

ISO (Timeout)
DRAW
POWER-O (Griffin lets about 7 seconds off the playclock before the ball is snapped for no reason)
ISO (End of Quarter)

Needless to say we didn't get into field goal range before the half or take a shot downfield. Ended up winning 31-28. Finished with 14 carries (Most so far!) for 157 yards and 1 TD. Playing on default varsity right now with speed threshold at 35.

Also, Griffin is an absolute beast when it comes to run plays/scrambling, but he takes off a lot. Maybe others are having more luck with it than I am, but it just seems like the wrong plays are called during the wrong situations. I'll shut up about it now.

Last edited by okstate19; 07-10-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Another post wasn't necessary
Old 07-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm hoping the playcalling in the college ranks is as nice as the HS playoffs. It's much improved from playing in the regular season, which is a definite plus. It's going to take me some time before I can make it as a starter at the college level (or so I hope) as I plan on staying in state and going to UW (Chris Polk). It's also nice having your rank change once you get into the ESPNU 150.

Just signed and you get your ADDED experience when you sign. Playing iron man does pay off

Last edited by MrJ2006; 07-10-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

So I found a bug in RTG, at least thats where I encountered it. I was in a 4 OT game and the other team started with possession in the 4th OT. They kicked a field goal and made it. They ended up getting the ball back for one play which ended up being an incomplete pass. Then the game ended.... I lost on that crap.

Fast forward for impressions.....

finished my HS season, ended up playing pretty well at RB and got a scholarship anywhere I wanted. As a MLB I barely ever got over the minimum amount of points given any game but still earned a scholarship to Michigan State (4* and at MLB) after winning the state title. A little concerning because as long as your team stays alive for the maximum games it almost doesnt matter how you do to get a respectable offer.

I ended up going to FSU as a 4th string RB.
The second week I was there, I ended up getting a level 5 rarity boost available. I believe level 5 is the best you can get. The boost maxed my spd, acc, btk, and one other attribute for my career. Now I dont know if Im just rediculously lucky to have that pop up but if that is a common occurence that is a problem. With the XP I was able to aquire from 2 weeks of practice and the scholarship signing I maxed out the most important attributes with some luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »