Home

Global Editor?

This is a discussion on Global Editor? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Global Editor?

So EA has announced in-dynasty player editing. Undeniably awesome - so bully, EA. Now how about a way to really use it effectively?

Some of you guys are patient enough to go in and do this line by line, but the rest of us schmucks are gonna need something faster and more efficient. Tweaking gameplay-effecting attributes (not talking height & weight yet - at least not til weight actually matters) like PRS, PRC, and AGI on a global scale can fix a lot of the stock gameplay flaws. You put in an effective Global Editor and a job that would take hours to do manually can be knocked out in under a minute.

So... can anybody confirm or quash the possibility of getting a Global Editor included in a patch? If you're gonna put it in, EA, you might as well throw in a little bit extra to really make it fly.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Global Editor?

Well the vibe I caught was that allowing in-Dynasty editing was a sort of "catch up" move to satisfy the people pointing out how The Show and 2K basketball has it. Global editing is another animal all together that I highly doubt we'll see this gen at all, least of all in a patch.

Just my best guess.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think it's been actually confirmed...but if they were going to have a feature like that I think it would have been announced in the long blog post by Ben. I think it might be too tough to patch in after release, so you might be SOL.

I can see the benefit of it, even without global editing though-- just trying looking at the teams in your conference and on your schedule and tweaking them so your experience is better (so CPU doesn't miss extra points all game! lol). But I feel ya on the several hours vs under a minute!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

If you follow the boards closely throughout the year, there are some cats on here who do some experimentation and could really improve dynasty experiences.

I think it was Playmakers who showed that if you lower the play recognition of the front seven low enough that the option-read will indeed work (for those who are planning to run a sim dynasty, this may be golden info)

Global editing would save some time, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. For now, I'll have to go through on my own and raise those socks.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I see why people would want a global editor to help streamline things. I doubt it could be added via patch. Editing players was already in the game but locked inside the dynasty mode other then editing names. So I'm sure it could have been much easier to patch in then adding a 100% new feature.

What I would suggest is make sliders have much more impact. If you move a slider to the left or right you should see a major impact. In other sports games like basketball if you move a slider like 3pt shooting to the right from 50 to 53 you see 3's falling in like crazy. If you move the QB acc slider all the way to 10 you don't see missed throws. I can complete 65-70% of my passes with the slider set at that. By making slider have more of an impact you could make every game fair and equal. Madden has "My Skill" which makes each game play differently. Maybe something like that could be an improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

As much as I would love a global editor, why cant EA just fix the friggin recruits and progression so that we can just play the game???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »