Home

RIVALRIES

This is a discussion on RIVALRIES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: RIVALRIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Don't construe protected rivalries. It should be called protected game. All that means is you are guaranteed to play a certain team from the other division, a la the SEC where Alabama vs. Tennessee is every year, Georgia vs. Auburn, etc...
This.

Some of those are fierce rivals, like UT vs. Bama, FL vs. LSU, but some are just filler games like my Kentucky Wildcats vs. Miss State, or Vandy vs. Ole Miss...neither are big rivalries in the SEC lol.

So, OP, just keep up with it yourself. I'm trying to pair as many rivals as possible as the cross over rival(protected) game...so it will be a true rivalry game.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWASs68
Okay so hypothetically...if the B1G's protected rivalry (or game) is Michigan-Ohio State...say we take 2 teams (EMU, WMU?) put them in the Big 10 REPLACING those teams, do we become a new protected rival (game) then?? Because it definitely read "Protected Rivals" on the screen shot.

I know this is all speculation, but it could be really exciting for us if implemented.
It has nothing to do with the teams you "replace". There is no replacement with custom conferences. You can add, subtract, whatever. It has nothing to do with OSU and Michigan's "position". It has to do with OSU and Michigan. It would only be a protected game if you put EMU and WMU in separate divisions and set it as the protected game. Now if you did EMU and CMU, they are primary rivals in the game, so I think it would schedule it whenever possible.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It has nothing to do with the teams you "replace". There is no replacement with custom conferences. You can add, subtract, whatever. It has nothing to do with OSU and Michigan's "position". It has to do with OSU and Michigan. It would only be a protected game if you put EMU and WMU in separate divisions and set it as the protected game. Now if you did EMU and CMU, they are primary rivals in the game, so I think it would schedule it whenever possible.
Well maybe setting them up in separate div and protecting it will be enough-- and like Wildcats said, keeping track of results and **** on my own is what I'll have to do. I feel like with the new additions we're a half-step away from creating our own rivals, so maybe for '13?? That still would be so awesome.

Thanks for the all the info/discussion, this is definitely helping pass my time at WORK on SATURDAY...like a schlub. Any additional thoughts or opinions is cool too.

And let it not be misconstrued-- I am definitely excited about the release, I just wanted some clarification. VERY happy to hear about the Patch for Day 1 too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
Rookie

BrianTX's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone know if any improvements have been made here? What about Team builder rivalries?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTX
Anyone know if any improvements have been made here? What about Team builder rivalries?
No. It's the same as last year

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

I am currently creating a spreAdsheet which factors in MANY aspects of a rivalry that will be set to a numerical value which will then formulate the strength of your rivalry. Unfortunately, you will have to keep track of your dynasty to input tbe necessary information. I hope to have 20-30 categories. I am currently without internet but i will finish asap. PM me if any interest

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »