Home

Self Imposed Dynasty Rules

This is a discussion on Self Imposed Dynasty Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1
Self Imposed Dynasty Rules

Hello all, I know that some of you impose rules upon yourselves while playing your dynasty and some do not. I for one do also to some degree and would like to ask what types of rules that you all may place on yourselves in NCAA 12?

For me its the following:

1. Teams I schedule out of conference always get a home/away series
2. I never place players out of position on depth charts except 3rd string
(so for example if I cant recruit a position I keep the walkon)
3. A game is never started over no matter what win or lose
4. With sportsmanship points I must maintain positive points to not run up
5. Never use the same formation for no more than 2 plays in a row
6. 4th down is always punt in my own territory except late game if behind
7. I always schedule 6 home 6 away games
8. im kinda like Joe Pa in that seniority starts on depth (sen, jun, sop, fr)

Just trying to get other ideas as I know a lot of you may do similar things. Im curious to hear other peoples self imposed dynasty rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Self Imposed Dynasty Rules

Over time, we have instituted several, including a few of the ones you mentioned above.

-Every other possession you have to punt of 1st down REGARDLESS (or after every score, you have to)
-You cannot pass the ball; and you can't pick a team who is a running/option team (this was just for fun, mix it up)
-In recruiting, you can only LAND 3 5* recruits, 5 4* recruits, and the rest whatever you can get (this made it really though to pick and choose WHICH stud to go for, and limited how fast your team could get good too); composing your team of MOSTLY 3* and 2* guys, except for impact positions, or positions you're good with
-May the player who performs the BEST (which isn't always the best player), be the starter. Yes...you can sit the 5th yr RS Senior on the bench if he doesn't perform...or worse yet-- cut him if you need a spot. lol

These are just a few...there have been several others over the years.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

To Cowas:

I really like your rule of "x" number of 5* and 4* recruits. I may have to implement this in some way.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

I've limited myself to in-state prospects before - only allowed out of state for blue chips and limited the number of blue chips overall.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
1. Teams I schedule out of conference always get a home/away series
2. I never place players out of position on depth charts except 3rd string
(so for example if I cant recruit a position I keep the walkon)
3. A game is never started over no matter what win or lose
4. With sportsmanship points I must maintain positive points to not run up
5. Never use the same formation for no more than 2 plays in a row
6. 4th down is always punt in my own territory except late game if behind
7. I always schedule 6 home 6 away games
8. im kinda like Joe Pa in that seniority starts on depth (sen, jun, sop, fr)
Regarding #8: I only play seniors if they are the most talented. Otherwise, I'd rather develop my young guys.

Regarding #5: I'm a coach mode guy specifically because I don't want to have to impose rules like this one on myself.

Regarding #3: That one is definitely a must.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I use some of those you guys posted. He is a couple I have for my offline dynasty.

1) On defense no moving players presnap, other than the shifts built into the game. The computer can not make manual adjustment so I don't to make it an even playing field. (I went as far as doing player lock on defense in my Toledo dynasty last year).

2) Recruiting, no cuts rule. I only recruit up to the 75 man limit.

3) I try to keep play diversity. I usually won't run the same play more than twice in a game. I am getting a little more open to running a handful of running plays. (The nice thing for my online dynasty was I had a very diverse playbook and was alway able to throw my opponets off to what I was doing.

4) I don't run up score. Once I got a good lead I get those subs in and pound the rock.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I use some of those you guys posted. He is a couple I have for my offline dynasty.

1) On defense no moving players presnap, other than the shifts built into the game. The computer can not make manual adjustment so I don't to make it an even playing field. (I went as far as doing player lock on defense in my Toledo dynasty last year).

2) Recruiting, no cuts rule. I only recruit up to the 75 man limit.

3) I try to keep play diversity. I usually won't run the same play more than twice in a game. I am getting a little more open to running a handful of running plays. (The nice thing for my online dynasty was I had a very diverse playbook and was alway able to throw my opponets off to what I was doing.

4) I don't run up score. Once I got a good lead I get those subs in and pound the rock.
Similar to your #1 rule-- we were NOT allowed to switch guys on Defense. I play as a LB and he likes to play as a FS, we tried player lock for a while but the camera angle is so JACKED that you can't see a thing. SO we did where you couldn't switch guys. Honestly it is PAINFUL to watch a BAD secondary try and play Pass D without your help. Just watching those passes go for 40, 50, 60 yds and just shaking your head...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWASs68
Over time, we have instituted several, including a few of the ones you mentioned above.

-Every other possession you have to punt of 1st down REGARDLESS (or after every score, you have to)
-You cannot pass the ball; and you can't pick a team who is a running/option team (this was just for fun, mix it up)
wait what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »