Home

How will you use player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on How will you use player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
How will you use player editing in dynasty?

I think a great aspect of player editing in a dynasty is making the NCAA world you live and play in that much more interesting. Here are some ways I plan on using it to spice things up, how will you use it?

• If I'm a team like Kentucky, it will allow me to keep Louisville competitive and make our rivalry games that much more meaningful
  • You can fix the weird acceleration and other random weirdness for incoming freshman (like WR's who are 5"6)
  • Create a break out sensation for a mid major program. For example, make Fresno States' 3rd string 2nd year QB a sudden high impact player who might win a Heisman.
  • Trim perennial powerhouses who seem to recruit too well regardless of their years. Sick of Ohio State or Alabama? Eff em. Bring em down to size. If you choose.
Perhaps my favourite planned change will be "studs and duds". How I plan on doing it is once recruiting is done, I will randomly (thru rolling a dice, or a random number generator online) make 1, 2 or 3 players from each star rating a stud or a dud. So I'd make a few 5 star players duds, some 4 star players 5 star studs, a few duds, and so on. By using a random number generator you can expose yourself to this lottery, and as long as your honest with yourself it can make things that much more awesome.

I can't wait. I love this feature. Let's hear some more ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: How will you use player editing in dynasty?

I only plan to use it to update those players that come outta nowhere and are playing great in real life "after" I've already started my season.

Example:

Last year Cam Newton comes out of nowhere and becomes the best player in the country. But in my season he wasn't good at all. Because his initial ratings were so low.

Well, I wasn't controlling Auburn so I couldn't do anything to change him.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm hoping to use this new feature to keep my recruiting classes accurate. This way the game always has "real" players in the game and I can also make sure they go to the right school.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I only plan to use it to update those players that come outta nowhere and are playing great in real life "after" I've already started my season.

Example:

Last year Cam Newton comes out of nowhere and becomes the best player in the country. But in my season he wasn't good at all. Because his initial ratings were so low.

Well, I wasn't controlling Auburn so I couldn't do anything to change him.
But what happens when you are in season 2? Or on down the line when they are all fantasy players? How do players come out of nowhere... or do you have a crystal ball I can borrow.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Edit my conf year to year.. All the teams I play will get the right ratings the 1st season ( Plan on using Mich and lowering a lot of ratings)

Give running QB's the right ratings so playing true running teams will be hard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

i will honestly probably use it more on other teams to make it more challenging for me.

besides that, i will probably be helping players from other teams who had a great season but were rewarded with only 2 or 3 points overall points.

Ex. If some runningback (especially from a smaller school) rushes for over 1000 yards and an average of at least 4.5 yds per carry, and his overall goes from being a 68 to a 70, i will likely go and make him a 80, depending on how good he does, could be higher or lower.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
But what happens when you are in season 2? Or on down the line when they are all fantasy players? How do players come out of nowhere... or do you have a crystal ball I can borrow.
I don't play multiple seasons.

I can only speak for how I play homie.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm thinking about doing a random drawing for every recruiting class of mine to pick a three star guy out of the bunch who will become a badass. And also doing it to pick out a 4 or 5 star guy who is going to suck and become a bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »