Home

Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
Rookie

MattUM2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Things that you are going to love since you can now edit in Dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Playmakers, can you please give us a guide for this years game, all respect to ur retro roster but I want a formula for today's athletes.
That's is what I am here for.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Playmakers, I very much appreciate the work you put in to the Madden/NCAA titles. Always made the game more sim based. I've used your sliders (with my own slight tweaks) for awhile now.

One question. Is there a way to edit these numbers in bulk? This would take a long time if we have to edit players individually. For example, to stop the leaping lenny line backers, we could lower the jump rating of ALL LBs in game at one time. This would be especially useful in dynasty where new players are always coming in ya know.

Lastly, I figure you'll be hooking up a slider set for 12 as usual? I'll be working sliders from the gate this year myself. Gonna see if I end up with something similar to you guys.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
Rookie

To_Trill_Too_View209's Arena

OVR: 1

So a basic guide i used after looking at GOTMADSKILLZSON roster then appeal them to more updated roster i found were....

Dual Threat QB: AWR: 77 - 80, Agility: 80 - 90, Break Tackle: 85 - 90, Trucking: 60 - 70 unless weight is over 220 then it would be 75 - 80.. Elusiveness - 90 or higher, Ball Carry Vision - 85 - 90, Stiff Arms go by how strong and weight so i'll leave this up to ya'll mines would be 50....Spin's / Junk's would be 90 - 95.

So that just for dual-threat qb's just imagine what u could do with balanced qb's, pocket qb's, speed back's , power back's and etc. that a little something i don't know if playmaker is gunna do a in-depth guide bt i would like to help out anywhere i can.... so jus pm me
Ncaa FB: Usc Trojans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamefanman
I three for this secret formula!
This would definitely be a great help.
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really good stuff, Playmaker. Sometimes it takes posters such as yourself to point out just how immersive this game can become. I look forward to future posts of this ilk.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Playmakers, can you please give us a guide for this years game, all respect to ur retro roster but I want a formula for today's athletes.
Well i don't really have a formula or set rules i follow.....I just kinda learn as I go fom simply spending time with the ratings each year. If the game seems to have flaws on the field in some way or another then i turn the ratings to try and find away to fix it or make it somewhat better.

I tend to study the players i'm editing and take their tendencies/playing style into consideration in order to categorize the players.

Now obviously this is IMO much easier for Historic players because you've seen or read about them in both College and the NFL. Those types of players tendencies are easier to provide today's college kids.

The players on the current rosters today as we all know the ratings are generic they are randomly assigned for the most part.....

I'm positive of that because i've followed a great deal of the players who have left NCAA and moved on to Madden and you'll see a more true representation of that player in Madden mainly because they have roster guys who soley work on rosters alone which as I don't believe NCAA has the man power to do so....

Much like everyone else i will be using various scouting reports (Phil Steele, Scout.com, Rivals.com) to edit my default players in NCAA 12.

There won't be a set rule or CAP that restricts a rating i will gather as much information as i can and then determine tendencies for that player and I might also compaire them to other players who have moved on from college but played a similiar style at that time

Player comparison's are done every year when ever you pick up mock draft reports or listen to guys like Todd McShay or Mel Kiper

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »