Home

Best 1-2 punch at RB position in NCAA 2012?

This is a discussion on Best 1-2 punch at RB position in NCAA 2012? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #49
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Best 1-2 punch at RB position in NCAA 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
Whenever a homer says his player/team is the best "hands down" I stop listening.
I bet you stop listening like what, 28-27 times a day?
I would take AU as well, but there are definetly a few good options.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

This isnt too far back but didnt Priest Holmes/Ricky Williams/Cedric Benson all come in a row for Texas?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Wisconsin and Oregon come to mind.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Wisconsin and Oregon come to mind.
Yeah, these are the two. I brought U-Dub up because they have two very good running backs but the class of college football when looking at running backs starts and ends at Oregon and Wisconsin.

If you're looking for the absolute best, pick Oregon or Wisconsin. It pains me to say that as a U-Dub fan, but Oregon has beastly running backs and I'd give them the nod at #1.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
This isnt too far back but didnt Priest Holmes/Ricky Williams/Cedric Benson all come in a row for Texas?
Haha yup plus this yr Texas has veterans Cody Johnson and Fozzy Whittaker along with 5 star Freshman Rb Malcolm Brown
Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
so are we having a homerism contest?
2001 Miami had Portis, Gore, McGahee and Davenport all in the same backfield lol
Old 07-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #55
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
And the people talking about some the best back duos and trios in histroy, how about Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport.
...Frank Gore

Workhorse backs are a dying breed nowadays, so a lot of teams have two running back systems.

I love Oregon's backs. Not really power guys, but they compliment that system. They are electric guys. Watch out for Seastrunk and Thomas. Scary to think all these guys have eligibility after this year.

No one's mentioned Arkansas. They are stacked. Knile Davis was a monster down the stretch and somehow goes unnoticed. He's a big back with breakaway ability. Ronnie Wingo is a huge back at 6'3 230 that can move as well. Dennis Johnson is smaller but is elusive. And USC transfer Broderick Green is out for the year, but he's a good short yardage back. Lot's of options.

Michigan St. has three solid options as well with Baker, Caper, and Bell. Bell started off great but hit the proverbial "wall" as a freshman. He's another huge back that I see playing a big role in their great offense.

Wisconsin. What else is there to say? One of the best rushing teams year in and year out.

TCU doesn't have any super stars in their backfield but they have two solid backs in Wesley and Tucker.

Oklahoma has a handful of backs that could do damage. No one stands out at the moment, but true freshman Brandon Williams could be a stud.

Small school wise, UCF is stacked. Brynn Harvey, Ronnie Weaver, and Latavius Murray are all big backs who are money near the goaline. In 2012, they get Miami transfer Storm Johnson. UCF is going to be a force in the coming years.

Last edited by gator3guy; 07-10-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #56
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Marion Barber and Laurence Maroney were a great college backfield at one point, though not near the top historically.

I'd say Oregon and Wisconsin are tops this year - though they have completely different styles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »