Home

ps3 or xbox this year?

This is a discussion on ps3 or xbox this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ps3 or xbox this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
Me personally? I have both systems, but I'll get it for the PS3 because I grew up playing NCAA on a Sony system since it debuted in 1997 for the PS1. So, it's a tradition for me.
yea i was pure playstation untill xbox came out. I just got my ps3 a few months ago for mlb the show. I want to buy it for both but i just dunno
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionix
yea i was pure playstation untill xbox came out. I just got my ps3 a few months ago for mlb the show. I want to buy it for both but i just dunno
I was the same way too, man. I was a Sony man until I got an Xbox. Absolutely loved it. Loved the exclusives. That being said, titles that I grew up playing on my PS2, like NCAA football, Madden, and Winning Eleven(PES) just never did feel right on the Xbox.

Started this gen with a 360. Got a PS3 a little over 2 yrs ago, and it has become my primary gaming system.

So, anyway, good luck.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Are the graphics in the retail version just as bad as in the demo? Still haven't got an answer on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Are the graphics in the retail version just as bad as in the demo? Still haven't got an answer on this.
It's been said multiple times the graphics are improved in the retail.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

I've got both systems and am getting it for the 360. Graphically it's marginally better, but I don't like how the PS3 doesn't save the full replay on long plays (confirmed it still does this in NCAA 12). Controller wise I like either one so that wasn't a determining factor for me.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
The PS3 version lacks in the overall graphical smoothness that the 360 has regardless of what some say that it is the same.

The game plays the same but if you own both systems then the excuse of controller goes out the window because I can use either controller just fine and it comes down to for my $60 which is going to give me the overall best package even if it a slight one.

Why would I want to get the lower end one even if it just a bit lower?

Now if you have only friends who play on live then get that as if you are an online gamer then that is where your friends are at. If your friends are mostly all on PSN then go there. That is the only reason to judge over the graphical upgrade that the 360 offers. Controller excuse is lame IMHO if you have both consoles.

Controller is a dumb excuse and that only flys if you are looking into getting a console. If you have both then chances are that you can easily handle both and that should not be the reason you get a game over the other in a particular console.

I have both but NCAA looks better on the 360 so that is where my money will go.

If it looked better on the PS3 then I would go there because I can handle both games with either controller.

Most people saying that is no big deal are usually people who only have a PS3 and no 360. Those opinions should not matter because theirs is just of the PS3

If you have both then judge for yourself in the demo. The retail copy is not going to be much diff if at all in terms of graphics.

One thing that PS3 does better then the 360 version of NCAA is the audio.

DTS over DD all day long.

But I prefer sharper and smoother graphics over the audio...Others might not
Old 07-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It's been said multiple times the graphics are improved in the retail.
Is the 360 also improved in retail? Or is this just a PS3 thing.

Placebo anybody?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I've got both systems and am getting it for the 360. Graphically it's marginally better, but I don't like how the PS3 doesn't save the full replay on long plays (confirmed it still does this in NCAA 12). Controller wise I like either one so that wasn't a determining factor for me.

Im so torn on this also because i have both systems and cant decide. I think i may do the ps3 because i have more memory space on my hard drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »