Home

Way too many drops

This is a discussion on Way too many drops within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #41
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Way too many drops

You make the assumption that you are making sim throws when you say that the game has too many drops when getting hit. A receiver in real life doesn't get slammed over the middle 20 times a game like most people play in NCAA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #42
Banned

IBI L4Z IEI's Arena

OVR: 0

IMO too many drops in the demo. On *BOTH* sides of the ball. Made to look extra terrible in Heisman. The problem with the passing in this game is that you never miss. Think about it. How many passes hit either the WR or DB. Now think about an actual saturday game, and think about how many passes are JUST out of reach, or hit the ground right in front of the WR. You just don't see that in the game. It ALWAYS hits someone.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #43
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

I've noticed that receivers don't hang onto the ball if you hang them out to dry or if contact is imminent. I like that so now players are forced to make good decisions and can't get lucky throwing to a slot when a 250 pound linebacker is ready to take their head off.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #44
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I disagree with your disagreement. QBs execute their strategy and out think their opponents often, only to have their WR drop the ball. If that comp. pct. is between 62 and 66 percent, as I stated, then they're not going to be "dropping the ball all over the place,'' only on occasion, as it should be.
Unless, of course, you enjoy going 28 for 30 every game and leading the nation with an 85 percent completion rate.
Actually in my dynasty I have never completed that percentage of passes, surprised if I ever seen the 70's for a season or won the heisman. I want when the catch should be made it's made. I don't want my comp% to be deflated.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
5-6 drops in a game = realistic to real life.

It might be a tad bit high... But drops happen, especially with very young receivers who lack concentration and awareness.

I think people need to realize that this is not the NFL... A lot of good college receivers get cases of the dropsies.

I think the current amount of drops is perfect.

Case in point, and while this might be an extreme example... Jake Locker went 4-20 versus Nebraska at home last year, but his receivers dropped eight balls. It happens.
No, 5-6 drops on a regular basis isn't realistic with four two minute quaters. I didn't throw the ball on every down either. I believe I threw the ball 65-70 percent of the time.

Last edited by TheTruth437; 07-11-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 9

the drops may be unrealistic, but the accuracy is also unrealistic.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #47
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
If the catch should be made, make the catch. Don't have them drop the ball all over the place then tell me well the stats fall between this and this. NO! Make the catches that should be made.
see, to me that IS sim. the qb can float a perfect spiral right between the numbers of a wide-open receiver, and sometimes, they're STILL going to drop it. not every catchable ball is going to be caught.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
see, to me that IS sim. the qb can float a perfect spiral right between the numbers of a wide-open receiver, and sometimes, they're STILL going to drop it. not every catchable ball is going to be caught.
I know there should be dropped passes, but based on the NCAA Football 12 demo, I believe the frequency of dropped passes is too high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »