Home

Tips for Running the Option?

This is a discussion on Tips for Running the Option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips for Running the Option?

Has anyone gotten good at the option yet? This is a big staple in my offense so far playing the demo I am horrendous at it this year. It seems like every time I go to pitch it I get tackled. Or if I'm about to and I get the pitch off, it's a sure fumble. I have yet to make a good pitch and have my RB/WR get positive yards. Anyone good at it yet or have any tips on running it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tips for Running the Option?

Something is wrong with the option in this game. It was fine in NCAA 10 and was slowed down last year and made running the Flex Bone much harder than it needed to be. The demo worries me. Any option play, even the speed option is seriously in slow-mo. When the QB takes the snap he takes forever to accelerate.

This, and the difficulty with running plays out of shotgun makes a lot of teams very difficult to use.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

Yeah I think I'm going to have to go to a more Pro-style offense. Not that mad as I like the Pro-style but I prefer the option.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

Everyone who has the full game says the option is fixed.. check the gameplay impressions thread.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Banned

IBI L4Z IEI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
Everyone who has the full game says the option is fixed.. check the gameplay impressions thread.
Thank god. The option is my #1 go-to style. I Always lead the NCAA in rushing offense and defense. If they would've broken the option, i'd be screwed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

You're waiting too long to pitch. About a half second before you are trying to pitch now, you need to cut up so the defender takes the QB and then pitch right way.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I certainly hope so. It makes using teams like Georgia Tech and Michigan pointless.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, people need to quit posting on the forum about this and that being broken and basing it on the demo. You are really going to cause a mess. Use the demo impressions thread if you don't like the way something plays in the demo. There are multiple improvements in the release version and the patch improves other things even further.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »