Home

For those of you changing your philosophies in NCAA 12...

This is a discussion on For those of you changing your philosophies in NCAA 12... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Question For those of you changing your philosophies in NCAA 12...

What're you switching to and why? General tips/info thread. I'm pumped.

I've used a pro style offense for as long as I can remember, but for some reason I'm having a somewhat difficult time passing under center and making the correct reads (Heisman diff), so I'll be using a variation of the spread. Of course I used the spread when necessary but it appears that I'll be using it exclusively in '12. Been playing a lot with Oregon in the demo and I am nearly unstoppable on offense with these basic formations:

Ace Twins Wk (2WR, 2TE, 1HB)
Twin TE Slot (2WR, 2TE, 1HB)
Split Slot (3WR, 1FB, 1HB)
Split Offset (3WR, 1FB, 1HB)
Wing Offset (3WR, 1FB, 1HB)
Wing Offset Wk (3WR, 1TE, 1HB)
Normal (3WR, 1TE, 1HB)
Trio HB Wk (3WR, 1TE, 1HB)

Is this even considered a true spread? The key here is that I change formations after every snap (depending on my personnel, of course) just to give the D a different look. I'll use 4/5 wide sets in third and long situations and the occasional 3rd and 2 just to throw the D off. I'm excited to venture into the world of the no huddle spread O.

Any tips on using the spread exclusively? Because I am 99% sure that I'll be abandoning my beloved I-Form/Ace. I'm finding out that I can knock off 6-7 YPC on a pretty consistent basis with the 2/3 WR formations mentioned earlier. I am so pumped to create my playbook.

Defensively, I have never been more excited as I'll be able to move back to my legendary 4-3 instead of this cheesy 335/425 garbage I've been reduced to the past couple years. Anyone else switching back to the 3-4/4-3 after realizing the 425/335 will no longer have the upper hand?

I am so friggin' pumped to jump online with my no huddle spread attack and base 4-3... I cannot WAIT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

Re: For those of you changing your philosophies in NCAA 12...

On the recruiting trail, I'll be heavily chasing down every fast, athletic FB/TE I come across because I'll need them to be a hybrid player in this O. The rest of my recruiting strategy goes as followed:

Scrambler QB
Speed RB
Balanced WR
Run Blocking OL

Pass Rushing DE
Pass Rushing DT
Run Stopping LB
The rest of my points will be toward DBs. I'll hopefully be landing 7-8 DBs per class. Hell, my 4-3 normal package might contain 4 SS.

Any insight? Dang, I can't wait.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I always go for one power HB also.

If your going strictly shotgun you can use him in goaline situations. Also it's good to have a speed and power back for split sets, it works better than a FB. The power guy can block, but can also runt he ball with the option.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

i'm going to come as close as i can to the old run-n-shoot offense. going to go deep with a ton of possession receivers and hopefully a speedy slot guy. i want a bruiser at RB for the short yardage situations. i'm still upset that i HAVE to have TE's and FB's on my team at all, as i don't plan on running any 2-back formations or using my TE at all, so they're just pine-riders on my teams.

i'm so excited to finally be able to create my own playbook. 4-5 wide sets, shotgun and ace is the order of the day for me. my notre dame team is going to break some records this year!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I always go for one power HB also.

If your going strictly shotgun you can use him in goaline situations. Also it's good to have a speed and power back for split sets, it works better than a FB. The power guy can block, but can also runt he ball with the option.
Yeah I'll definitely need a power back for short yardage/redzone situations. Thanks for reminding me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I might be moving to the option. Going to pull out 06 and play as Rice in preparation, run the good ol' Ken Hatfield offense as there is a good chance I get some info from my dad on 80's Arkansas and go from that; lots of Wishbone offense.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Running a Run-Heavy Prostyle with some other run-heavy formations.
I will have alot of pistol formations, but no triple option plays. I wont really rely on QB rushing, but I want to have that option if plays breaks down. I need my QB to have at least 70 speed, but I mainly for Game manager QB. Wont really have FB getting any carries,If I have to I will use Blocking TEs as FB.
QB-Balanced or Scramble
HB-Any. Alot of them
FB Blocking
WR- Possesion, but will have at least one speedy guy
TE-Any
OL-Run Block
Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm looking forward to mixing it up. Thats the greatest advantage this game has over Madden, IMO.

Most of all, I'd like to get a good read option game going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »