Home

How is it that...

This is a discussion on How is it that... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How is it that...

...some folks get the game ahead of the rest of us? I'm asking because I really don't know, but I'm always amazed at the dozens of folks who post videos, photos, reviews, and feedback related to the game. Is there some sort of insider way the rest of us could get the game earlier in the future, or is this a select group?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: How is it that...

really just luck and determination no real insider's club you just have to be trusted enough by an os member that know a spot. I used to get it early every year since reggie bush was on the cover but i grew up and now ill just get it tuesday
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

no insider group, some people have a certain mom and pop store that is willing to break rules and sell it early, some get it from ebay and craigslist.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclever
...some folks get the game ahead of the rest of us? I'm asking because I really don't know, but I'm always amazed at the dozens of folks who post videos, photos, reviews, and feedback related to the game. Is there some sort of insider way the rest of us could get the game earlier in the future, or is this a select group?
Many smaller video game stores. Known as Mom and Pop stores, will sell major release video games before the official street date as a way to make money before the big chain stores that have to wait. (Gamestop, best buy, wal-mart ect) Also, people will sell games early on ebay and craigslist. The trick is finding the stores and seller who do this. If you follow the Early release strategy July 2011 thread you can get more info there. I got my copy on ebay. In recent years distributers are not getting the game to the M&P stores as early as they used to. Some of this is because the major retailers complained about losing sales.

Out side of being an EA Game Changer or EA VIP there is no official way to get the game early, the majority of OSers use back channel means and a little luck to get game early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptiveBlaze
really just luck and determination no real insider's club you just have to be trusted enough by an os member that know a spot. I used to get it early every year since reggie bush was on the cover but i grew up and now ill just get it tuesday
Lol. I'm 30 years old and I still like to get games early. Allows me the weekend before release to play without work, school or life getting in the way.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

This will probably get closed.

If you want: check out the ideas HERE: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=490308
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
i forgot being a "grown up" meant you're not allowed to be excited. having blaze in your name really sounds "grown up"
Old 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I feel the same way (wouldn't word it like you did). But after the monstrosity called the NBA2K11 release, I will never going hunting pre-release again.

You end up looking like a fool, burning all kinds of mileage, checking online for PMs constantly, calling stores, driving to strange towns, walking in stores and getting shut down left and right.

I just preorder and check the tracking online. When it hits my mailbox, I'm good.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool16
i forgot being a "grown up" meant you're not allowed to be excited. having blaze in your name really sounds "grown up"

Now it will definitely be closed sooner rather than later...and maybe a side of banning??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »