Home

NCAA Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on NCAA Midnight Release Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #73
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyForTheShow
Watch it be this guy?
lmao ... I didn't go to a midnight release because I got it from Amazon. But I've been to midnight releases for every version since 06 before now and have seen this kind of behavior before at one gamestop in particular.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #74
Rookie

ReadyForTheShow's Arena

OVR: 3

They should get the the NCAA to investigate... I am a 5 minute jog from BestBuy I should go pick up this game shouldn't I?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
THE STORY OF ALL MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES
MUST-READ FOR MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES... VERY FUNNY

I decided to go with the midnight purchase as opposed to the pre-order and money. NCAA party with friends is much more fun and easy right? WRONG.

I check-in at Walmart three times during the day to try and snag early copies of the game. The employers we had helping us were not the brightest and I convinced him that the game came out last Tuesday. He went in back and I thought things were all good. He said he couldn't find the copies though. Later I asked another employee and I told him that it came out tonight and he said they will have it so I decided to sit it out until midnight. I get to my Walmart right at 11:57 and walk into the electronics department with 4 friends decked out in Michigan Football gear from head to toe.

3 other guys are standing along waiting for the game having driven from 15 miles away (small-town, up-north Michigan mind you). They tell us that the employees are in back getting the game. After 25 minutes of waiting at the counter, we piled up pillow pets to sleep by the desk waiting for it. Finally the electronics guy says we have 4 people back there looking for the game and we cannot find it. I'm like wtf seriously!?!?

To pass more time we play endless demos of MLB: The Show and even drink a couple jugs of unpurchased Nesquick Chocolate milk just to prove a point to Walmart and their brain-dead employees.

After my friend and I set up a tent in front of the phone counter, we grabbed some sleeping bags and slept there for another 45 minutes. Finally the Floor manager comes out and tells us no dice.. I explain how I had come in earlier, the yellow tag was on the game shelf with no games so he scans it then says to me (IMPORTANT PART) ,"You said you were looking for a game called Smackdown right?"

Confused... I replied "No... The yellow tag says NCAA Football 12... I'm in a football jersey. We all said NCAA Football.."

"Oh, (scans the barcode) I thought you said Smackdown"

My 4 friends and I sat for an hour and a half because this ******* thought we all showed up at midnight for a wrestling game that doesn't exist. I burst out laughing in his face then swore plenty of times. He quickly replied saying they had 20 in stock and we've been playing the game nonstop since.
Ever thought that maybe the 3 that were already there messed up some how? Yea yea, how hard is it to say and find NCAA Football 12, but you never know. Don't always blame the employees. I go shopping enough to see that it is the customer just as often. Northern Michigan I know to be just as bad as country-bumpkin Southern US, so I wouldn't ignore the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #76
Banned

frankr409's Arena

OVR: 0

I did not go at midnight, but went at 6:30 am to Walmart. They had a pretty large display of them, in security cases, but no employee around in the electronics section to ring it up. I went to the only cashier open, and she could not remove the case. She called some icky transvestite over who also could not figure how out how to remove the case. The transvestite called someone over from electronics, but by then the icky transvestite figured out how to liberate my precious game from the security case.

I think I saw plenty this morning as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #77
Rookie

ReadyForTheShow's Arena

OVR: 3

Story of the Year

So I walk out of my house get in the car, back out of the drive way, make a right, right, right straight for 1 min. and I am there (at BestBuy) pull in the parking lot and there is a guy leaving from Ohio, couldn't tell if he had a game or not. I walk in head directly to the rack grab the little paper for the game because now they are locked by the cash, get the game and leave...

Sorry for the title... that's how we roll in Canada, but like I said there were 5 copies, not 10.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #78
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I want to point out a few things for people who don't know.

1. Assistant managers and co-managers at Walmart work 14 hour shifts. 3 days on, 3 days off.

2. Not everybody that works in Electronics play videogames or know about them.

3. Walmart have dozens of cameras. Don't think they didn't spot you and won't remember you the next time you go there.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #79
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
THE STORY OF ALL MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES
MUST-READ FOR MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES... VERY FUNNY

I decided to go with the midnight purchase as opposed to the pre-order and money. NCAA party with friends is much more fun and easy right? WRONG.

I check-in at Walmart three times during the day to try and snag early copies of the game. The employers we had helping us were not the brightest and I convinced him that the game came out last Tuesday. He went in back and I thought things were all good. He said he couldn't find the copies though. Later I asked another employee and I told him that it came out tonight and he said they will have it so I decided to sit it out until midnight. I get to my Walmart right at 11:57 and walk into the electronics department with 4 friends decked out in Michigan Football gear from head to toe.

3 other guys are standing along waiting for the game having driven from 15 miles away (small-town, up-north Michigan mind you). They tell us that the employees are in back getting the game. After 25 minutes of waiting at the counter, we piled up pillow pets to sleep by the desk waiting for it. Finally the electronics guy says we have 4 people back there looking for the game and we cannot find it. I'm like wtf seriously!?!?

To pass more time we play endless demos of MLB: The Show and even drink a couple jugs of unpurchased Nesquick Chocolate milk just to prove a point to Walmart and their brain-dead employees.

After my friend and I set up a tent in front of the phone counter, we grabbed some sleeping bags and slept there for another 45 minutes. Finally the Floor manager comes out and tells us no dice.. I explain how I had come in earlier, the yellow tag was on the game shelf with no games so he scans it then says to me (IMPORTANT PART) ,"You said you were looking for a game called Smackdown right?"

Confused... I replied "No... The yellow tag says NCAA Football 12... I'm in a football jersey. We all said NCAA Football.."

"Oh, (scans the barcode) I thought you said Smackdown"

My 4 friends and I sat for an hour and a half because this ******* thought we all showed up at midnight for a wrestling game that doesn't exist. I burst out laughing in his face then swore plenty of times. He quickly replied saying they had 20 in stock and we've been playing the game nonstop since.
I'm calling BS on this one. Unless you exaggerated for the shock value, I seriously doubt that Wal-Mart employees would allow you to stack up pillow pets and use them, drink product in the store and not pay for it, open up tents and sleeping bags, etc. I got kicked out once for freaking taking a jumpshot on a basketball goal, so if they allowed all this to go on, something is off.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #80
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCards
I'm calling BS on this one. Unless you exaggerated for the shock value, I seriously doubt that Wal-Mart employees would allow you to stack up pillow pets and use them, drink product in the store and not pay for it, open up tents and sleeping bags, etc. I got kicked out once for freaking taking a jumpshot on a basketball goal, so if they allowed all this to go on, something is off.
Yeah, I stopped reading after the tent. A tent, really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »