Home

NCAA Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on NCAA Midnight Release Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #105
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I left my house about 11:25 PM central time. I cruise over to Smryna, TN, which is about 20 miles from Nashville, TN. I arrive at Taco Bell at 11:41 PM...I order my food and then turn into the Walmart shopping center parking lot, which happens to also have a Gamestop.

I LMAO at the punks in the gamestop lined up, probably about 10 of them, at 11:47 P.M....just standing there...waiting, in a stupid line. I then park and waltz into Walmart, mess around the electronic department for 10 minutes and at 11:59 P.M. approach the token middle age women, who does not have a clue, but WAIT...she does!!! This is a first in my midnight experiences at Walmart, a middle aged employee that is not an idiot! Sure, she was the typical disgruntled, disinterested, not chatty 3rd shift employee, but she got my game and I was checked out by 12:01 P.M. Central time and raced home. I quickly ate my Taco Bell and went on to game til 4 AM.

Walmart is awesome for getting games at Midnight...NO LINES!
DAMN, you were there for over 12 hours and you're praising them?

In all seriousness, those "idiots" at Gamestop did get the Pro-Combat Uniforms, which is the ONLY reason I would have bought the game there. They might have been wanting the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #106
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I left my house about 11:25 PM central time. I cruise over to Smryna, TN, which is about 20 miles from Nashville, TN. I arrive at Taco Bell at 11:41 PM...I order my food and then turn into the Walmart shopping center parking lot, which happens to also have a Gamestop.

I LMAO at the punks in the gamestop lined up, probably about 10 of them, at 11:47 P.M....just standing there...waiting, in a stupid line. I then park and waltz into Walmart, mess around the electronic department for 10 minutes and at 11:59 P.M. approach the token middle age women, who does not have a clue, but WAIT...she does!!! This is a first in my midnight experiences at Walmart, a middle aged employee that is not an idiot! Sure, she was the typical disgruntled, disinterested, not chatty 3rd shift employee, but she got my game and I was checked out by 12:01 P.M. Central time and raced home. I quickly ate my Taco Bell and went on to game til 4 AM.

Walmart is awesome for getting games at Midnight...NO LINES!
I was out of gamestop at about 12:05, the previous 2 years I was out at 12:01. Plus I got the pro-combats without much of a wait. They set it up so all they are doing once midnight rolls around is checking your slips and handing you your game, a 10 person line is nothing with how they do it.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »