Home

NCAA Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on NCAA Midnight Release Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #57
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I have about 10 minutes to go until I head down to Wally and get it.

Hope I have a funny story to share, but I doubt it.
If you walk around Wally long enough you find a funny to share!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Went to Gamestop. Dealt with the socially awkward clerks. They had some tournament going on, but I didn't want any part of that. Pretty good sized crowd. I was impressed. Got the game, went to Whataburger, came home. Started drinking beer, played game.
Whataburger and NCAA? I say you had a pretty good night.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #59
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Some states are 21; make them learn some maturity (hopefully) first.
I agree with that I don't know if they do that here or its 18, after we charge them we never see what the vehicle administration does when they get it. Either way it was a stupid decision whether it was for a video game or anything. Easy way to ruin your life, and another families life.

I have not been pissed reading something on these forums in a long time but that did it.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #60
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Some guy literally played the new game in the display from 10-11:50....never wanted to exert physical violence on a human more in my life.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Some guy literally played the new game in the display from 10-11:50....never wanted to exert physical violence on a human more in my life.
Did he walk out and not buy it? I would go find him haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #62
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

Okay i went to wal-mart to get mine and my wife wanted to go so i'm like okay and of course i have 2 kid's 10 and 11yr's old so they have to go too...anyway we get there me and my 11 yr old boy go straight to electronic's to get the game and they have to take the game up front since electronic's is closed well anyway my wife had broken away from me with our 10 yr old daughter and so i call to see where she went well she went to the shoe department she wanted to buy shoe's while we were there well we finally get the shoe's but of course now we need new sock's so we get those so i'm thinking good let's go but wait we passed the girl's department and hey a sale on some cute shirt's and pant's by this time i sweating it like a crack addict and extremely antsy and my son is in just as bad a shape as i was....anyway we finally get home at around 1:30 or so, advice guy's don't bring the wife to wal-mart to pick up your game it want end well.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #63
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
THE STORY OF ALL MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES
MUST-READ FOR MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES... VERY FUNNY

I decided to go with the midnight purchase as opposed to the pre-order and money. NCAA party with friends is much more fun and easy right? WRONG.

I check-in at Walmart three times during the day to try and snag early copies of the game. The employers we had helping us were not the brightest and I convinced him that the game came out last Tuesday. He went in back and I thought things were all good. He said he couldn't find the copies though. Later I asked another employee and I told him that it came out tonight and he said they will have it so I decided to sit it out until midnight. I get to my Walmart right at 11:57 and walk into the electronics department with 4 friends decked out in Michigan Football gear from head to toe.

3 other guys are standing along waiting for the game having driven from 15 miles away (small-town, up-north Michigan mind you). They tell us that the employees are in back getting the game. After 25 minutes of waiting at the counter, we piled up pillow pets to sleep by the desk waiting for it. Finally the electronics guy says we have 4 people back there looking for the game and we cannot find it. I'm like wtf seriously!?!?

To pass more time we play endless demos of MLB: The Show and even drink a couple jugs of unpurchased Nesquick Chocolate milk just to prove a point to Walmart and their brain-dead employees.

After my friend and I set up a tent in front of the phone counter, we grabbed some sleeping bags and slept there for another 45 minutes. Finally the Floor manager comes out and tells us no dice.. I explain how I had come in earlier, the yellow tag was on the game shelf with no games so he scans it then says to me (IMPORTANT PART) ,"You said you were looking for a game called Smackdown right?"

Confused... I replied "No... The yellow tag says NCAA Football 12... I'm in a football jersey. We all said NCAA Football.."

"Oh, (scans the barcode) I thought you said Smackdown"

My 4 friends and I sat for an hour and a half because this ******* thought we all showed up at midnight for a wrestling game that doesn't exist. I burst out laughing in his face then swore plenty of times. He quickly replied saying they had 20 in stock and we've been playing the game nonstop since.
Don't you think that is a bit much on your part. The manager made an honest mistake, but rather than just letting it go, you belittle him...for a video game? So you had to wait an extra hour and a half for a video game that you've had to wait months for, so what? The lack of humility people show towards each other is astounding.

I don't mean to pick you out of the litter, as I have heard similar stories. But, that manager is most likely trying to get by in this world, working the graveyard shift and to sit there and belittle people like that, mistake or not, for a video game is ridiculous.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #64
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Did he walk out and not buy it? I would go find him haha.
He bought it. But sat there for an hour making conferences for no reason and played it until they handed it out. Typical redneck...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »