Home

One Safety Deep/ 5-Man Rush Defensive Plays

This is a discussion on One Safety Deep/ 5-Man Rush Defensive Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One Safety Deep/ 5-Man Rush Defensive Plays

It seems they have taken all of these plays, or at least the ones that they have had in previous years, out of all of the playbooks. It's not a game-killer for me, but I really based my defense off of these plays last year. This is very commonly used by a lot of teams in real life. It probably won't happen but I would love to see these added in some type of patch later on.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, it's basically a Cover 1 but instead of the linebacker or safety dropping back in a zone, one safety plays deep over the middle while normally one of the linebackers will be rushing, which normally leaves the other safety in man coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: One Safety Deep/ 5-Man Rush Defensive Plays

It's in the Dime Normal, check it again
Old 07-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
Rookie

CJManis10's Arena

There is only one in the Dime Normal from what I can see. I hope they didn't take these out. I used that strategy as my defense last year as well. If I'm not mistaken, Alabama runs the one safety deep 90% of the time. I could be wrong though.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Sure, I didn't say they were non-existent. But there are very few throughout most of the formations. The strong point of these plays is bringing an extra rusher from many different positions on the field. I'm not bashing the game, I'm just saying I would like to see a few more of these plays scattered through the 4-3, 3-4, and Nickel formations. There's a few but not as many as last year. No big deal I guess.

P.S The 3-3-5 Stack seems to have some of these plays in that playbook, fwiw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »