Home

Super Juiced Kickers are Spoiling Heisman

This is a discussion on Super Juiced Kickers are Spoiling Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Angry CPU Kicking Logic is Spoiling Heisman (Please Fix)

Let me start off by saying heisman mode is thing of beauty this year and overall, this may be the best experience I have ever had with a football game. EA did an outstanding job!

Now, along with the good comes the bad. Since receiving the game, I have been glued to my broadcast cam watching CPU vs CPU games. I can see tremendous value in this camera angle in terms of not only watching games but testing CPU slider settings as well, specifically threshold (0 looks to be the way to go again this year)

Late last night, I observed a game between Oregon and BYU. The game was just awesome to watch. It kept me on pins and needles throughout it's entirety. So I had the game going in the background and turned around just in time to see the BYU kicker attempting a kick from mid-field. This got my attention. Over the course of the remaining minutes, I saw BYU attempt another field goal right inside of the 50yd line and Oregon attempt another from about the same distance. All 3 of the attempts fell considerably short, with the other team getting possession of the ball with extremely good field position. The CPU logic toward field goals on this level is absolutely terrible.

This one thing could possible kill heisman for me, which is a huge disappointment, because hands down I think it is the best skill level to play this year. The CPU logic toward field goals is absolutely terrible.

This was an issue last year. Why was it not fixed? EA should seriously consider releasing a tuner or a patch because this single issue is a heisman killer. We need this fixed please!

Last edited by SECElit3; 07-12-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Title Misleading
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Super Juiced Kickers are Spoiling Heisman

Lower the AI kicking Power. The sliders are there for a reason.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
It helps if you read his post before responding.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

OVR: 0

I was playing Florida last night and same thing happened. Fourth down came up from like the 47-48 and I went into a punt formation and they came out in a FG formation I was like WTF? so I immediately thought fake. Well they kicked it and it made it barely into the endzone. Almost ran it back actually haha Definitely caught me off guard
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
It doesn't help. Same problem last year. Even with lowered kick power, Heisman logic will allow the kicker to kick the ball at long distances and nearly all will come short. Lowering the power doesn't deter the kicker from attempting the kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

That isn't the point at all... The point is they attempt a 60 yard field goal instead of playing the strategic field position battle of football. They miss and a 24 - 24 game w/ 3:00 min to go now becomes a mockery b/c of stupidity. Lowering the slider just means how far you will kick it, not how or why you kick it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Yes. This needs to be patched.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

AA with sliders if you find it too easy, although early returns say AA is more difficult this year. Don't think Jason Elam's are on every team at that level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »