Home

Why I am hesitant about getting an NCAA game

This is a discussion on Why I am hesitant about getting an NCAA game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why I am hesitant about getting an NCAA game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
For me, I am a VOLS fan. I didn't attend UT, nor have I ever been to a game at Neyland. Heck for a large portion of my life, I didn't even live in Tennessee. I grew up in Mississippi and quickly became a fan of MSU. In this state, you are either a fan of UM, MSU, or not a fan of football at all and are an outcast, yes I am completely serious.
No you're not. I lived in the state for years and my parents still do. Now if you were are a fan of OSU or something, then you are an outcast, but in my cove alone, there were Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee fans... and there was a Michigan fan, but they moved. No one was shunned or an "outcast" because they didn't like a Mississippi school. I doubt fans of Alcorn, Southern Miss, MVSU, etc... are shunned either, unless you are way down in the delta and they do things differently there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Haha that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess I should have clarified I'll resist from saying something really MEAN about it. I clearly said something about it, but "their, there, they're" and other simple misuse of the English language are pet peeves of mine
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
No you're not. I lived in the state for years and my parents still do. Now if you were are a fan of OSU or something, then you are an outcast, but in my cove alone, there were Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee fans... and there was a Michigan fan, but they moved. No one was shunned or an "outcast" because they didn't like a Mississippi school. I doubt fans of Alcorn, Southern Miss, MVSU, etc... are shunned either, unless you are way down in the delta and they do things differently there.
I was actually referring to those who are not fans of football.. it was probably a bit of an exaggeration but growing up here, it certainly felt like it. I played and we still treated those who were not fans as outcasts in sense. I am not saying it was the right thing to do, but we did do it.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Haha that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess I should have clarified I'll resist from saying something really MEAN about it. I clearly said something about it, but "their, there, they're" and other simple misuse of the English language are pet peeves of mine
I knew how you meant it. Was still gold, though.

Spoiler
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleanest Genius
I'm pretty sure 90% of the people who play this game have never set foot on a D1 campus.
Guess I am in that 10%. Georgia Tech alum.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #30
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleanest Genius
I'm pretty sure 90% of the people who play this game have never set foot on a D1 campus.
Yeah, I seriously doubt that statistic.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #31
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan G.
Guess I am in that 10%. Georgia Tech alum.
Same, I guess I am one of the chosen few to attend a D1 school... or even set foot on the campus...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #32
Banned

frankr409's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg54mvp1
What I really want to say is, even though this game would be awesome, I don't know who I would play with anymore because I can't go their. I know it is probably sad. I don't have this problem with pro sports because I'm not gonna be in the pros at all, so it's weird. What do I do
Get a girlfriend, because without the game to entertain you, you are going to get very tired of playing with yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »