Home

Perfect run blocking and D

This is a discussion on Perfect run blocking and D within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Perfect run blocking and D

Yeah my stupid friend has been getting literally wide open running lanes since NCAA 2011, and it's carried over to 2012. The only reason he ever beats me is because he will have about 3 runs of over 60 yards a game. I use 4-3 and 4-4 to defend run but nothing ever works against him. I will call a 2 man under and my safeties will rush the line and let the RB run by him. Also he seems to be able to scramble with John Brantley, the QB for florida, even if I have a QB spy. I was using FSU and I couldn't run the ball to save my life against him, I would have no lanes or I would just get talked instantly, and obviously FSU's QB isn't faster than Florida but for some reason my friend will just blow by my defense like he is LaMichael James. Idk what he does to stop my run and get his run offense to be unstoppable, but its pissing me off because he really isn't good at all. Whenever he tries to pass I either pick it or swat it. Unless he has a WIDE open receiver, and most of the time he does but he is to bad to look at the entire field.

Also, WTF is up with this years zone, I feel that they play good D until the ball is actually thrown then they just stand there and let the ball get caught uncontested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Perfect run blocking and D

Sounds like he's just better than you imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randombagginz
Also, WTF is up with this years zone, I feel that they play good D until the ball is actually thrown then they just stand there and let the ball get caught uncontested.
Also, why are you still playing '11? '12 just came out bro, go pick that up.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Zone is usually going to be a better bet against a running offense. Also, it sounds as though your friend is playing with Florida and they have an extremely potent running attack with some of the fastest running backs in the game behind Brantley, who can run as well.

Maybe you should try and mix up your defense a little more and force him to pass. Run some nickel strong, add some speed to your defensive package, and bring those safeties up a bit to give some added running support. It sounds as though your friend has figured out your defensive packages and you have become predictable.

This is the worst thing that can happen to you in football. Zone blitzes work nicely. Mix it up a little. Also, you may want to use a little less of those 4-4 and 4-3 packages as Florida's speed is going to put you at a bit of a disadvantage.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Sounds like he's just better than you imo.

Also, why are you still playing '11? '12 just came out bro, go pick that up.
Im talking about 2012, he just does the same exact stuff lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

I'm struggling on D as I'm still getting used to the motion right now on Heisman but yeah these guys are right. Running a 4-3 or 4-4 against a speed team like Florida is suicide. Definitely try mixing in some Nickel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I stop the run about as good as anyone. (Passing is where I struggle now) Mix up blitz to the outside not just up the middle. Its not hard to stop unless you guys are plaiyng on easy settings then his CPU line will block great.

Also, don't know what you talking about zones. They look and play amazing to me this year.

All in all, he sounds like he's got your number(; sickening, I know.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea against spread teams you don't want to run a 4-3 or 4-4 because the linebackers will be too slow to catch the running backs.

Look back to I think it was the USC-Texas National Championship game where Texas ran Nickel and Dime whenever Reggie Bush was in because he was way too fast for their linebackers.

Also mix stuff up, blitz from different sides, shift linemen/linebackers around, show blitz when not blitzing, etc.

Hopefully that will help you beat him.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

No problem on D, it's finally fixed. Playing on default Heisman I just beat Oregon (with Auburn) 24-0. They had 128 total offense (5 min. quarters). I sacked Thomas 8 friggin' times and LJ had 39 rush yards..... so something must be changed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »