Home

Player Portraits pet peeve

This is a discussion on Player Portraits pet peeve within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Player Portraits pet peeve

My biggest pet peeve with this game (and NCAA Football 11 and 10 for that matter) is the player portraits. There seems to be little variety in the number of them. After a few seasons in dynasty mode, you always end up with 4 or 5 players that look exactly the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Portraits pet peeve

im with you. they need more pics and some of these dudes look like theyre in their 30s. recruits are supposed to be 17 and 18 years old. how about different hairstyles on the pics ( shaved heads, spiked hair, shaggy, mohawks, etc.)? its not like the dread issue where it would be visible on the field. i'm a "presentation" guy so i'd like to see this, but sure it's not even on EA's radar. wouldnt it be amazing if it was like the quick "live" portrait intros they have at the starting drives of televised games?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

NCAA 09 had the best solution. The player portraits all wore helmets so you couldn't see their faces. It made them all looked anonymous and completely different at the same time.

I have no idea why EA changed this. I hate the way it is now, especially with the white players, it seems like there is only maybe 5-6 different white faces so a lot of players end up looking the same.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

This is something I can agree with.
There is no variety. Most of the Portraits look over 30 years old. I dont like how sensitive weight affects it. I cant be a 220lb, hell even 215, without looking like a OL/DL. I figured that dreads a wouldnt be available for all players, but I didnt expect it to be so limited.
I want be a 6'4 225-30 QB or a 6'0 220 RB without having a lineman face and a RB body.
I want them to completely re-do faces. three years of seeing the same faces is enough. I want them to create younger faces and redo body types.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19

I agree that the portraits never look to be the right size or age of a player. They need work, and variety, but there are other higher priorities on the list of things that need to be tweaked.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »