Home

As an OC why cant I call plays on 4th Down

This is a discussion on As an OC why cant I call plays on 4th Down within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: As an OC why cant I call plays on 4th Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Which begs the question:
How many games have you played?
How many times, as the OC, have you been in a situation which you feel like your team should be going for it on 4th down?
Also, on the simulated play with your specific example, did your team kick a field goal or did they go for it? (And also, what was the distance for a first down?)

Scientific method people, c'mon.
(Don't think I didn't notice that "under 3 minutes" just turned into "just over 2 minutes" either.)

If the game NEVER gives you control on 4th down and ALWAYS makes your team do a special teams play, regardless of the situation, it sounds like an issue that needs to be fixed.

If the game never gives you control on 4th down, but will occasionally go for it, it sounds like the head coach is calling the play, and I'm fine with it.

If you've only been in one situation where you felt like you should've had control on 4th but didn't, then we really don't have enough evidence to make a reasonable determination on how the game is handling it, do we?
You realize that those are pretty much the same thing right?

Also I know that in real life head coaches make the 4th down decisions. The thing you guys do not understand is that if it is 4th and 2 or shorter you are allowed to call the play. How does that match up? It doesn't.

The bigger problem for me is seeing the cpu deciding not to punt when they should and giving up easy TDs for the other team. I was playing Cincinatti and watched as their offense got the ball on the 35 for 3 consecutive drives.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
Rookie

cmurr's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: As an OC why cant I call plays on 4th Down

like others said itt, it's up to the head coach whether or not to go for it on fourth down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »