Home

NCAA Football 12 Visual Issues After the Patch?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Visual Issues After the Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #49
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Visual issues after the patch?

Also worth noting. Pride stickers in dynasty are still kind of screwed up and glitchy. They don't really show up properly until the helmet is basically full. To see any of the stickers at all you have to zoom way in and even then they are all glitchy. This is the fourth edition of the game where they've been broken like this.

Not a game killer, just another niggling issue that I've been hoping would get fixed for a while now.

Here's what I mean. Here's FSU in week 3. If you zoom out any further than this, the helmet appears plain. It's not until the last few weeks of the season when the stickers start showing up somewhat correctly.

From the same replay. If you zoom out a bit you can't really see anything. It basically means that you play most of your season in dynasty with just a plain gold looking helmet.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-12-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #50
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Honestly, I rather have better graphics while in gameplay than 3D grass and the other stuff. Those pride sticks, the TB endzones...Makes you wonder what the graphics department does throughout the year. Don't get me wrong, the HDR lightning is awesome but it's the little things that add up every year...
Old 07-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know if any of you have played Road to Glory but I played one game and noticed near the end the field was starting to get messed up and my blue jersey had a huge dirt mark on the back and I believe pants as well. I played maybe half the game as QB and SS, skipping a portion. I'll see If I had any auto-saved replays or shots from that game but I didn't save any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #52
Rookie

uclabruins4ever's Arena

OVR: 2

Well uniform degradation isn't broken. Just finished a night game in the pouring rain and these are some of the results. Things looked a LOT better for sure. I still think it has something to do with the lighting/shading of the bright sun that makes things look off but I dunno

Here's 3rd quarter

4th Quarter

End of game

Plenty of dirt and mud on everyone
Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just got done with outdoor Practice Mode, with SJSU and NMSU wearing their white on crimson uniforms, and their uniforms looked very dirty 10 minutes into the practice, i noticed.

So maybe it's just white-on-white uniforms?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #54
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

NCAA is a great game but this is just like fight night champion. Download a patch and poof no more blood or swelling. In this case no dirty white uniforms as the dark color jerseys get nice and dirty and the field degradation. I hope it gets fixed and probably when it does, good ol madden will be Coming out lol. Get your stuff together EA and have this patched by next Tuesday. The evidence can't get any clearer. I'm still waiting for fight night to work so I won't hold my breath.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #55
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

My GF and I noticed that it appears to be faded kinda, either in darker games or ones in bright sunlight. Nothing to do with degradation just in general the colors seem off...

I'm playing as Michigan and the blue jerseys seem way faded, is anyone else noticing this too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
This is on the PS3 version:

I could be nuts and I've checked to make sure my eyes aren't having an allergy problem or anything but regardless of whether I let the PS3 default to 720p or force 1080p the text and things to be a tad blurry to me.

Anyone else seeing that? Look at the white text on dark background on the menu screen for example.
It's not just you, I'm having the same problem on my TV. I was beginning to freak out and think my TV was having issues. That's why I even started reading this thread.

I'm playing on a 55" Samsung LED 1080P 120Hz TV on a 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »