Home

Old Dude Needs Help

This is a discussion on Old Dude Needs Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Old Dude Needs Help

Guys,

I am an older gamer trying to stay competitive and need some help. I play as the Memphis Tigers. I know, but they are my school.

I can get zero pressure on the QB unless I sell out on a blitz. I see a ton of people playing with the Dline or MLB getting pressure. How do you get pressure with a Dline tackle? How do you actually shoot a gap with the LB? When I control either position I simply get sucked into a block and hold on until the RB is past me or the QB completes a pass.

Thanks in advance! BTW, I play on Xbox 360 & am tired of my 14 year old son beating me to death!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Old Dude Needs Help

I usually play as a DT, sometimes a DE (I tend to leave huge coverage gaps as the LB and DBs).

An O-Line is almost always going to pick you up (and if he doesn't, it's almost certainly a screen play).

You can use the right analog stick to do the power moves and swim moves to get around the offensive linemen.

Usually, I get picked up by a second O-Linemen, but it frees one of my other D-Linemen up to make the sack, get the TFL, or just rush the pass.

You kind of just have to play around with the right stick. Some DLine are better with the power moves, some are better with the swim moves (but generally speaking, DT are better for power moves and DE better for finesse moves).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »