Home

Making Rivalries Idea!

This is a discussion on Making Rivalries Idea! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Making Rivalries Idea!

Can you make rivalries ? Like make one between two schools so its automatically scheduled each year. Or would you have to do it yourself?. I think in NCAA 13 a great idea for us dynasty lovers would be to give us the ability to make rivalries as well as put names for the rivalry with generic trophies.

Example. USC vs. South Carolina in the "Hello My Name is Bowl" With just a generic trophy.

Also if you leave locked rivalries off and forget to schedule a certain rivalry game will beat your rivals in coach goals count as losses like years past?

Thanks and let me know what you think of my idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
No you can't make your own rivalries

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Making Rivalries Idea!

I actually think a perhaps more interesting idea would be if instead of creating rivalries, the game tracked series and rivalries were formed.

Think USC-South Carolina should be a rivalry? Schedule it every season. And then after 8-10 years of playing them every year, if it the series was close (6 wins to 4 or something), it would be designated as a rivalry game for as long as the series continued.

This would be a particularly nice system for EA to develop for those of us who enjoy playing Team Builder teams.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I actually think a perhaps more interesting idea would be if instead of creating rivalries, the game tracked series and rivalries were formed.

Think USC-South Carolina should be a rivalry? Schedule it every season. And then after 8-10 years of playing them every year, if it the series was close (6 wins to 4 or something), it would be designated as a rivalry game for as long as the series continued.

This would be a particularly nice system for EA to develop for those of us who enjoy playing Team Builder teams.
I've actually thought about that before. Not sure exactly how they could do it but would be nice if u could add and also loose rivalries.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

Yea that'd be awesome it would add to the atmosphere of really making each school your own giving it a new identity as schools rise and fall. Like if you build up SMU really high I wouldn't want North Texas to always be a rivalry.

Say you build their prestige up to 5 stars and you have been scheduling Texas every year. At the end of the year the a screen pops up like the contract extension or choose new school option that says " The Texas Athletic Director has extended a rivalry contract over the next 5 years would you like to accept? Or however long.

With the PAC -12 and new Big Ten you can guarantee new rivalries are going to form especially with divisions now in these conferences. Example Michigan vs Nebraska who knows maybe Utah vs. USC lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Has anyone ever created their own rivalries like this in years past just making them up themselves? If so what teams?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMightDoIt
Has anyone ever created their own rivalries like this in years past just making them up themselves? If so what teams?
Arkansas-Arkansas State. They never play in real life but I usually make them play in the game. It's pretty lopsided though...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeMightDoIt
All the time.
My favorite dynasty in 2011 had 4 made up ones (just finishing it up first before buying 2012 on Thursday):
North Texas vs TCU, North Texas vs Texas, North Texas vs Alabama (sounds weird but we met in 7 consecutive bowl games both before and after I got invited to the Big 12, I decided it was fate), and North Texas vs Arkansas.

Also, for CPU teams, which were a pain to have to make a new coach and make their schedule and then dump the coach and give them their old tactics back.
Utah vs Colorado
Boise State vs Oregon
TCU vs Texas
Nebraska vs Michigan
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »