Home

Not feeling coaching carousel...

This is a discussion on Not feeling coaching carousel... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #41
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Not feeling coaching carousel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins
Any unusual outcomes, like losing to a team you're clearly better than? I'm guessing you didn't make a bowl with 7 wins (3 coming over FCS teams) and your schedule strength was probably somewhere from F to D+. That might have factored into you getting fired.
It means he went 4-5 against FBS teams. I'm sure finishing highly in his conference was one of the bigger goals, which you wouldn't do if your team only won 4 games against non-FBS teams. Heck, he might have gone 3-5 in conference. That's a recipe for a firing, I'd say.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can see what the OP is saying. If the school sets some goals for you to reach and you meet all the goals with the exception of only winning 7 games instead of the 8 they wanted you to win, 99.9% of the time you are not gonna lose your job and you really shouldn't. However there are times that some AD makes a decision that nobody really understands and fires a coach for seemingly no reason at all. Now if I was in the OP's position I would probably be angry about being fired as well but I do think the unpredictability of the situation kinda adds to the game feature as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #43
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

If you met all the goals except that one and got fired it makes me excited for this game more then not. But then again, I will be going the DC route always. Even in NCAA 2011 I always went to someone not involved in the offensive play and locked on that player when I was pretending to be a DC.

There are ways around it, although to be honest I can understand that you are more of a simulation player then a sim player. Have you tried playing the game just using player lock and therefore getting to choose the plays for your team?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #44
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT
Bowers how do you coach without controlling the players? I see a mode that says coach a game how do you coach a season
Can someone tell me this? It feels like im playin a regular dynasty game but not moving the controller.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #45
Rookie

sebalishish's Arena

OVR: 2

Only thing I dont really like about it so far is I made my coach and his settings. And I coulda been a head coach for usc and all the big schools. Why would a big school like that hire a D+ canidate with no expirence? I just chose a two star team and now attempting to work my way up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

USC hired Lane Kiffin...
Old 07-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebalishish
Only thing I dont really like about it so far is I made my coach and his settings. And I coulda been a head coach for usc and all the big schools. Why would a big school like that hire a D+ canidate with no expirence? I just chose a two star team and now attempting to work my way up.
It's because there are people out there that want to start a dynasty as their favorite school without working for it. The prestige rank works how it should in CC as you will be offered coordinator jobs even if you start as the head coach at Alabama.

Now, it'll be nice if they have a legacy and open career mode like in CH2k8 where you can start off and only have offers for certain low prestige schools and go from there. Plus actual ratings for coaches.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #48
Rookie

sebalishish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
USC hired Lane Kiffin...
Haha. I noticed your from Fayettville. Im from Eureka Springs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »