Home

Broken Running Animations

This is a discussion on Broken Running Animations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Broken Running Animations

I signed up just to address this topic. Why has everybody just excepted the running animations. They have been broken since day one on next gen systems. Im not even talking about the foot planting and sliding around all over the field, granted that has to be fixed as well. Im talking about the robotic movement that is absolutely an eye sore. Nobody runs like that... are the developers blind?

The stiffness of the player models is laughable. I mean they could have seriously taken a copy of madden 04 and improved the graphics and it would be way better than this. The players had such a smooth and fluid movement back then. Seriously, just go look at some youtube videos from the ps2 days and realize what we're missing.

Why the regression? How this is being brushed under the rug while people bitch and moan about dreadlocks and facemasks is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Broken Running Animations

Preach on brutha. I made a thread similar to this but no one cared what I thought. The running animations are all wrong, they're not running they're jogging. So many folks here suggest turning the speed down to slow....WHY? So that they're walking????

Yup, this is the main reason I lost interest in the series, jogging running animations don't feel like football to me.

Last edited by Earl1963; 07-12-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank God Im not alone. I was beginning to think i was crazy. I use to be addicted to EA football games. Now despite how hard i try to overlook the "running", I find myself cringing all the time while playing. I just can't get past it and I'm confused on how these "hardcore" fans can accept this glaring flaw.

Im sure people will just tell me to piss off and don't buy it if it bothers me this much, but I had to get this off my chest lol. It doesn't have to be this way and It should be an easy fix.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

But you are crazy...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah it bothers me pretty dang bad too. I stopped playing NCAA 11 before I could finish a season, bothered me that much. If I hadn't ever played last gen version I'm sure I wouldn't be this way. Us older gamers had better.

If EA would make an HD version of 2004 I'm all over it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Yeah it bothers me pretty dang bad too. I stopped playing NCAA 11 before I could finish a season, bothered me that much. If I hadn't ever played last gen version I'm sure I wouldn't be this way. Us older gamers had better.

If EA would make an HD version of 2004 I'm all over it.
Haha exactly
Old 07-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I guess I've kind of just accepted that this won't be fixed on this gen just like we won't see a physics engine on this gen.

I had to "accept it", otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy playing the game. I remember the first time I saw a next gen NCAA game and I was like "wtf? why are they moving all robotic like that", but after playing it for 6 years or so, I guess I have just become used to it.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

I'm on the fence for getting this game...didn't have last years...and I'm looking through the highlights thread and just being absolutely disgusted. I know the uploaded replays look worse - but man..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »