Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #25
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Super Line Backers are back

When I try to put more touch on the ball, the LB actually intercept it instead of just knocking it down. I see this at least 5 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I also agree with everyone so far. I been playing for the past few days and it seems just about every time I turn around the Linebackers are going up and knocking away my passes or the Safties and CBs are coming out no where at the last second to knock away the ball or int it like crazy every single time. I think the last straw for me came about 5 mins ago. I stop playing the game and put it back it in the case. I also have found out that it seems that the defense moves like lighting and gets to the person with ball in a flash. DT to CBs they all seem to move at the same speed just about. I had one of my CBs to int a ball just about 10 mins a go. My CB speed was 92 acc 89 and he was halfway down the field with the int on the way to the end zone. Then all of a sudden out of no where the AI QB catched up to my CB and tackles him down to the ground. The AI QB speed was 83 acc 79. Now how is it possible for a QB to catch up with a CB alot faster then him. The speed for players on the game is way to much. Needs to be toned down some.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 07-13-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #27
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I also agree with everyone so far. I been playing for the past few days and it seems just about every time I turn around the Linebackers are going up and knocking away my passes or the Safties and CBs are coming out no where at the last second to knock away the ball or int it like crazy every single time. I think the last straw for me came about 5 mins ago. I stop playing the game and put it back it in the case. I also have found out that it seems that the defense moves like lighting and gets to the person with ball in a flash. DT to CBs they all seem to move at the same speed just about. I had one of my CBs to int a ball just about 10 mins a go. My CB speed was 92 acc 89 and he was halfway down the field with the int on the way to the end zone. Then all of a sudden out of no where the AI QB catched up to my CB and tackles him down to the ground. The AI QB speed was 83 acc 79. Now how is it possible for a QB to catch up with a CB alot faster then him. The speed for players on the game is way to much. Needs to be toned down some.
Some of your issue may be solved by turning the speed threshold down in the settings. I have mine set on about 25. I am thinking of trying about 17 as I still see a DT chase down my QB who is an 80+ speed.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Now slightly superhuman knockdowns are annoying, but when these linebackers are CATCHING the football, there's a problem.

However maybe more touch is required to beat the defense on these occasions.
This is my problem. If a pass is right at a LB then I have no problem with them getting a hand on it or even picking it off. But the thing is that in real life QBs have much more control over where the ball goes than we do. In these games it often seems like you only have two options: throw a bullet low to the ground (which gets picked) or lob one up thirty feet in the air (which defeats the purpose - it usually gets swatted away by a DB then). You can't put enough "touch" on the ball.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #29
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
These LBs are really starting to piss me off.

I'm in my BYU dynasty against Texas losing 14-16.

I'm driving down the field and it's 4th and 4, my last chance for the first down. I have a man literally WIDE OPEN, there's a linebacker in a zone, not even looking at me, his back is literally turned to me.

I loft the ball to my receiver who should have an easy catch and possibly the game winning TD and what happens? The LB jumps in the air, without EVER TURNING AROUND TO WATCH ME THROW THE BALL, and hits it out of the air with one hand none the less.

I was so disgusted I quit the game and simmed, still lost but that was pure and utter garbage.
One problem, if the LBs back was turned, how was he in zone?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #30
Pro

northface28's Arena

Ive played 5 full games, one as Ohio St and 4 as Miami of Ohio, im not having a hard time passing and im not seeing super human LBs. Some here or there but not "oh my god, game is broken" levels.

Idk if you guys are used to putting up gaudy numbers or running the same pass plays ad nauseum but passing isnt "too hard" and the cpu zone isnt "overpowered". I actually have to think about my pass plays and read defenses pre and post snap. The days of passing for 500+ yds half asleep are over. I just hope all the frustration with cpu zone doesnt lead to a patch turning cpu defenders into vegetables.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
One problem, if the LBs back was turned, how was he in zone?
This happens a lot to me... someone runs through his zone and he turns to pursue them and so that leaves another WR open, I pass and without even looking at me, the LB jumps up and 5-10 yards sideways, while facing backwards and never seeing the ball being thrown to knock the ball down that was thrown to a WR 10 yards behind him. I played DT and OT in school and even I can complete a pass to a WR that is 10 yards behind even the tallest LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #32
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

I've seen a significant cut down in Super LB pics (I don't think I've encountered one playing retail), but I still get ridiculous knockdowns.

At least I still get the next play this time around, but yeah its annoying when you have a guy wide open and then boom LB makes a play (the annoying thing is the consistency with which it happens, its not a once in a blue moon thing, LBs are performing these amazing leaps multiple times a game).

I shouldn't have to worry about a Lineman or a LB possibly making the play every time I throw it, it certainly is a possibility but its not something I should have to plan for each throw (because most of the time it happens is when it shouldn't be happening).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »