Home

Anyone else playing as a DC?

This is a discussion on Anyone else playing as a DC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone else playing as a DC?

I'm playing as the DC for Arizona State and it's some of the most fun I've had the last few years playing NCCA.... I usually like to play offense but I decided to mix it up and go with D as I was captain on defense in high school and I gotta say it's awesome having to try to make a stop every possession because you don't know how your offense is going to do while before you were able to control it.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thornton.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

BigSteveTN09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else playing as a DC?

I've done a similar thing in the past when they first added super sim

I would just play defense with Miami in a 3-3-5 playbook just for fun.

To be honest, it's pretty much the same as this year's coaching change

but yeah, it was really fun, and I plan on doing it again
NHL - Predators
Old 07-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im a DC with Miami, I agree it's pretty fun. Your mistakes are limited because you don't know what your offense is going to do, and threw 2 games Miami's offense have scored only 31 points total. Yeah, Ive got my work cut out for me if I want to be successful at the U, Jacory = Turrible.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

I will be once I pick up the game tomorrow.
I have done dynasties in the past in NCAA '11 where I super-simmed all offensive and special teams plays, I just got defense. It is a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to jump into this mode. The fact people are saying you can recruit both sides kind of annoys me though, but I'll just recruit my side of the ball. Can't wait!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
TPT
Banned

I may do this... offense is kicking my butt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
I will be once I pick up the game tomorrow.
I have done dynasties in the past in NCAA '11 where I super-simmed all offensive and special teams plays, I just got defense. It is a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to jump into this mode. The fact people are saying you can recruit both sides kind of annoys me though, but I'll just recruit my side of the ball. Can't wait!
How do you just recruit defense and let CPU recruit offense?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm doing this and enjoying it alot, but seeing a couple of problems:

1. teams that aren't No Huddle style teams are going no huddle against me all game long. Whats up with that?

2. I get 80+ defensive plays a game because my offense sucks number one (playing as ULL) and SuperSim doesn't take enough time off the clock between plays on offense. I'm only playing 6 min quarters on All-American, and through 4 games I have 3 guys with 5+ sacks and 2 guys with 4+ INTs. (I think I should be able to fix this with sliders, maybe?) While I'm one of the worst teams in the nation in yardage allowed, I have individuals leading in tackles (2 in the top 10) and 3 of the top 10 in INT and 2 of the top 5 in sacks.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Rookie

I've played 3 games as FIU's DC, and let me tell you that it is the most frustrating experience I've had playing an NCAA game in a while.

It's not because of anything inherent in the mode except that it is REALLY hard to be just a DC with awful players. I get a lot of turnovers and sacks, but man is it impossible to stop teams. I gave up 37 to North Texas, 35 to Louisville and 38 to UCF.

I know you're supposed to build up your team, but I'm going to get fired before I can improve! I would recommend that if you're going to play as a bad team, play as an OC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »