Home

Any news on progression?

This is a discussion on Any news on progression? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Any news on progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
are we talking about just seniors and juniors
We're talking about 62 elite players all playing in the same season, doesn't matter freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior.

The complaint earlier in the thread was that by year 3, there were 62 players rated 95 or higher amongst all rosters. So this means there's no limit on whether they're a senior or not.

The test to see how realistic this is to start naming players from any one given season and see what we consider elite and see if we can count to 62.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

After two years guys seem to be progressing 5+ like hot cakes. Had a 70 overall rb at 2 star Baylor fly up to a 77 out of the blue.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #43
Banned

CardinalStrong05's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
We're talking about 62 elite players all playing in the same season, doesn't matter freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior.

The complaint earlier in the thread was that by year 3, there were 62 players rated 95 or higher amongst all rosters. So this means there's no limit on whether they're a senior or not.

The test to see how realistic this is to start naming players from any one given season and see what we consider elite and see if we can count to 62.
I feel like we shouldnt have more then 10-15 95+ players in a year. 62 is outrageous and basically makes recruiting pointless if every player is going to progess 20-30 points over the duration of their careers.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalStrong05
I feel like we shouldnt have more then 10-15 95+ players in a year. 62 is outrageous and basically makes recruiting pointless if every player is going to progess 20-30 points over the duration of their careers.

I agree. Not sure I even want to start a dynasty now.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

I understand how you feel, and I tend to agree.

But someone made the argument that 62 players in ALL of college football being elite college players isn't unreasonable, considering there are 8400 players, this is less than 1% of all players (0.74% to be exact).

I have a hard time just flat out telling people they're wrong, so I'm simply giving him a chance to prove his point.

Name me the best 62 players from last year's college football season. Let's look and see how many of these players need to be considered elite.

It's not just the first 62 players drafted in the 2011 NFL draft, because I would think some of the top 62 you'd name would be players who didn't declare for the draft, like Andrew Luck.

So start naming the 62 best players from last season and let's see how many of those 62 players we'd rate a 95 ovr or higher.

EDIT: by the way, my feeling is that the 95+ players are your top 10 draft pick guys, your heisman watch list guys, the truly, truly elite. 10-15 sounds like a good number. I think this 62 number should be more like the number of 90+ guys, your first and second round draft pick guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #46
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope
True, but there's a difference between being an elite college player, and being an elite NFL player. Surely you recognize that there are many college players who could be considered elite at that level, but turn out to be far less so in the NFL. Desmond Howard is an easy example.
You mean Super Bowl MVP Desmond Howard? That guy? He's an easy example of not amounting to anything in the NFL?

How about Jason White? HE'S an easy example of not amounting to anything in the NFL.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #47
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

i am going to sim and see
Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
This isn't an issue with player progression. That works fine. It's the coach profession that needs fixing. Read about it in the patch/tuner request thread. Way too many coaches are A and A+.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »