Home

Too Many A Rated Coaches?

This is a discussion on Too Many A Rated Coaches? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Too Many A Rated Coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I read on the review at TGT that the prestige drops real fast even after one bad season. Are alot of those coaches brand new?
I'm hoping that somehow that has an effect. And that since the ratings will fluctuate, progression won't get out of hand. However, after seeing those ratings, I'm a bit worried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
Nah, I think it has more to do with the coordinators and head coaches being rated too high coming out of the box in this game. Going to have to wait until somebody edits the coach prestige ratings before starting a dynasty if you want realistic results.

Yeh I know that's the real reason this isn't working and is what I said was the #1 problem with this mode. It's a good thing we can edit though, but it never made since if the schools are hiring based on prestige why would they accept a C or B coach when there are dozens of A rated OC/DCs. That to me is the problem right there. EA should seriously think about implementing a coach rating based on attributes like College Hoops had, that is the best way to expand on this mode. I'm not as upset as I sound because I know this was the first year, I was just upset at how they implemented their coach prestige rating.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Buckeye just do names, he doesn't change anything.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #28
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

So, next question...you're in 2016, does it look like it's having that big of an effect on overall team ratings?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I give you guys an example of what I mean... Brett Bielema is rated a B+ out of the box in this game. By all accounts and in my opinioin Bielema is a very good coach, but his track record does not speak to that of a coach with a B+ rating. He has 1 Big Ten title and 1 BCS bowl apperance in 5 years at Wisconsin. I would give him a solid B like an 83 or 84 certainly not a B+. A B+ would be someone like Chip Kelly who as a national title apperance and a rose bowl apperance albeit both of those were losses, but he accomplished these things in 2 seasons at Oregon.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #30
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Buckeye just do names, he doesn't change anything.

Oh ok, well that won't be too bad. I'll probably go ahead and start researching then and see how I can change these ratings. Is anyone doing a coaching roster with realistic prestige ratings?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Oh ok, well that won't be too bad. I'll probably go ahead and start researching then and see how I can change these ratings. Is anyone doing a coaching roster with realistic prestige ratings?
I would think someone would eventually, I would be willing to help you out if your seriously thinking about doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

We had a chart around here some where in these forums with where we all thought coaches should be rated at. It is either in this forum or the roster forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »