Home

NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Online Play

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Online Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Online Play

Christian McLeod checks in during day three of his review process to talk about his experiences with the online play found in NCAA Football 12. Hit the link below to read the impressions.

Read More - NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Online Play
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5
Going have to try online play sometime tonight
Old 07-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
When I clicked the link I was hoping to read a writeup of playing random play now games and just complaining about how annoying it is to play random people.

I wanted some specific examples of idiocy too!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Every single time I've played online I run into lag (mostly during kicks) that ruins the entire experience for me. Is the online gameplay experience riddled with lagging or is it smooth?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSho31
Every single time I've played online I run into lag (mostly during kicks) that ruins the entire experience for me. Is the online gameplay experience riddled with lagging or is it smooth?
I think it depends largely on the connection of you, and the person you are playing. I personally have not run into any issues in the games I've played with buddies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7
Anyone have a well run online dynasty for me to join? If so, hit me up at [email protected]

Thanks! Btw I'm on 360 GamerTag - cajuncannon25
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
I am surprised that this doesn't mention the fact that users can't control weather or game start times at all for PLAY NOW online matches. This might not be so bad if every online game wasn't a noon game that is sunny. why cant we have weather and different start times at least be randomized if they are not going to allow us to set it up for ourselves?

I also wish that who is the home team would be randomized as well, I don't like always being the away team when someone challenges me. Please make this random!

Another idea I'd like to see is unranked records. Yes I understand that if you want wins or losses you can play ranked games. But why not still track your record in unranked games but just not have it do anything for the leader board (which I could care less about)?

Oh and I want user stats back please! Make it so you can look folks up online on EAs site and see them there, like you could in the PS2 days. That way I can look up random guys in the lobby on my laptop without challenging them.

And lastly, please get an option for challenging friends directly to either ranked or unranked online games. We should not have to join a lobby room to play a buddy.

Last edited by ODogg; 07-13-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 12 Reviewer Impressions: Online Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am surprised that this doesn't mention the fact that users can't control weather or game start times at all for PLAY NOW online matches. This might not be so bad if every online game wasn't a noon game that is sunny. why cant we have weather and different start times at least be randomized if they are not going to allow us to set it up for ourselves

Tried this yesterday and it still works. Only negative is you have to be the home team all the time or tell your buddy how to do it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...work-line.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiff31
1) Go to "play now" Advance to the next screen( Should be the stadium part).

2) I think there is 2 ways to do it but they both work Alright. Go down to where u see " Live Channel Feed" or whatever. It'll ask u if u want the real weather or custom. Flip through both of them. OR u can just go 2 the stadium screen then exit out.( I juss flip through both of them 2 make sure i get live weather) Then exit out the screen.

3) Go to online.

4) Then go to "Create custom match" (Keep in mind, it ONLY WORKS IF YOUR THE HOME TEAM!!!( Thats y u go 2 create custom match b/c ur always the home team.

4) Once an oppenent comes and u start u SHOULD see live weather.
Sidenote: Im not sure if it resets the live weather if ur oppenent leaves. ( Like ur the home team n he leaves n u get

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »