Home

Texas Schedule

This is a discussion on Texas Schedule within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Texas Schedule

Why can't I play against UCLA in my Texas dynasty? They scheduled me for Temple instead and UCLA was never available to play any of the weeks in non-conference play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

MrBlonde21's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Texas Schedule

Even video game Texas doesn't want any..

"WR for Michigan John Doe beat Usain Bolt in a parking lot at the Food Lion by the school so clearly he should be a 99" won't be taken in to consideration
- CWSapp757
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde21
Even video game Texas doesn't want any..

This game is more real than we thought. Texas is always backing out of contracted games and they put this in the game now sweet!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Rookie

JSmooveIV's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteLS57
This game is more real than we thought. Texas is always backing out of contracted games and they put this in the game now sweet!
I dont even know why we contract ucla..nothing to gain from it if we beat em
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteLS57
Evidenced by?

Texas has refused offers from teams for home&homes but they haven't backed out of a deal in a long time. the Minnesota home&home was never finalized since terms could not be agreed upon but I'll give you a half point for that.

Utah dropped Texas 6 years ago from a home&home due to scheduling issues that that the Urban Meyer-to-Florida change caused.

the last I can remember where Texas canceled a series was the Hawaii H&H in '05-'06, due to Mack saying it would be a detriment to his student athlete's studies... (which I say is BS, it didn't make $$$ for him so they backed out.)

evidence to prove the contrary please or else I call BS on your blatant aggyism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The game doesn't even let you schedule UCLA for any week of the season.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmooveIV
I dont even know why we contract ucla..nothing to gain from it if we beat em
A win over a BCS conference team. It's a lot better than playing another team like Rice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
Evidenced by?

Texas has refused offers from teams for home&homes but they haven't backed out of a deal in a long time. the Minnesota home&home was never finalized since terms could not be agreed upon but I'll give you a half point for that.

Utah dropped Texas 6 years ago from a home&home due to scheduling issues that that the Urban Meyer-to-Florida change caused.

the last I can remember where Texas canceled a series was the Hawaii H&H in '05-'06, due to Mack saying it would be a detriment to his student athlete's studies... (which I say is BS, it didn't make $$$ for him so they backed out.)

evidence to prove the contrary please or else I call BS on your blatant aggyism.
Arkansas played at Texas in 2008. Texas was supposed to play at Arkansas in 2009. Didn't happen.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Arkansas played at Texas in 2008. Texas was supposed to play at Arkansas in 2009. Didn't happen.
Arkansas dropped Texas, which DeLoss Dodds was not happy about, to play Texas A&M at Jerry Jones' Deathstar...

Arkansas is no longer going to play Texas in 2009 as they have taken them off the schedule in order to accommodate a new series against Texas A&M.The original game may not be played until 2013, as reported by The Associated Press:
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long said that adding Texas A&M to its 2009 schedule gave the Razorbacks 13 games, forcing the school to remove one from its nonconference schedule.
"While it is unfortunate that we will have to postpone the return game in the Texas series, we felt that it was important to seize the window of opportunity to secure a long-term series with Texas A&M," Long said.
good try though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »