Home

Success Passing The Ball

This is a discussion on Success Passing The Ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Success Passing The Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Yeah, is that normal in college ball? I can count the times I've seen man D on one hand with four amputated digits.
I am no expert but I believe most teams will run zone the majority of the time but they still call man quite a bit as well, last year it seemed the cpu was pretty balanced but this year its almost always zone.
NHL - Red wings
MLB - Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Yeah, is that normal in college ball? I can count the times I've seen man D on one hand with four amputated digits.
I'm not sure actually. I was under the impression that in college, defenses typically run man as it's a lot simpler... but ultimately, I'm truly unsure. I'm more of an offensive mind...

I know how to read a defense from an offensive standpoint, but I don't know that much about defensive tendencies in real life.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #43
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

Here are some of the issues that are really causing me to struggle in the passing game:

1. It's hard to put the right touch on the ball.

2. The QB's release is too slow - especially when throwing the ball away. When the D is closing in there's no need for the QB to take a full crow-hop and set his feet. Just fling damn ball out of bounds!

3. Safeties are amazing at reading and stepping up in front of WR's routes. Results in a lot of INT's that looked like they should have been completions.

4. WR's just don't compete for the reception. This makes throwing a fade towards the corner of the endzone to your 6'4 stud WR a risk not worth taking.

5. Corners still get that last second burst of speed that puts them in front of the WR for the pick. WR's rarely exhibit this same burst.

6. It's still hard in the world of football video games to recognize a blitz - and feel where the pressure is coming from - while focusing downfield.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

For me it's more of my receivers dropping passes than it is me being picked off or the ball being batted down
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
Here are some of the issues that are really causing me to struggle in the passing game:

1. It's hard to put the right touch on the ball.

2. The QB's release is too slow - especially when throwing the ball away. When the D is closing in there's no need for the QB to take a full crow-hop and set his feet. Just fling damn ball out of bounds!

3. Safeties are amazing at reading and stepping up in front of WR's routes. Results in a lot of INT's that looked like they should have been completions.

4. WR's just don't compete for the reception. This makes throwing a fade towards the corner of the endzone to your 6'4 stud WR a risk not worth taking.

5. Corners still get that last second burst of speed that puts them in front of the WR for the pick. WR's rarely exhibit this same burst.

6. It's still hard in the world of football video games to recognize a blitz - and feel where the pressure is coming from - while focusing downfield.
1. Practice makes perfect.
2. Your quarterback shouldn't be in constant motion. Take your 3, 5, 7 step drop, take a step up into the pocket, and stand still, make your throw.
3. Pump faking helps with this some, it will put them out of position. But also, there's a problem in the game in that defensive backs will come to the ball where as receivers will ALWAYS try catching it in stride.
4. Same as the second half of 3, unfortunately DBs cut off passes while WRs always try catching them in stride, even in the endzone.
5. I think this is still more of the same as 3 and 4. DBs will go cut off a ball where WRs are trying to catch them in stride. When I loft balls over the top to a WR who has the DB beat, I have no problem completing the pass. The DB doesn't get the burst of speed straight forward.
6. Same as 1, practice, practice, practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler2Hester
For me it's more of my receivers dropping passes than it is me being picked off or the ball being batted down
The answer to this is generally recruit better receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #46
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler2Hester
This is my biggest gripe (besides astronaut LB's and safety's with eyes in the back of their head that can have their back to the play and still break immediately off their man and to the ball without even looking at the QB).

This was a huge problem in last year's version as well and they fixed it with tuners/patch. I don't mind the occasional drop, but these are practically fumbles. The way zone defense is this year, the cpu doesn't need this help.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #47
MVP

What is bothering me more than receivers dropping balls is receivers not making an effort for balls. Sometimes I lead them and it looks like if they reach for it they can at least put the hand on it...but they don't even make an attempt... dunno what to do about this phenomenon.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #48
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
What is bothering me more than receivers dropping balls is receivers not making an effort for balls. Sometimes I lead them and it looks like if they reach for it they can at least put the hand on it...but they don't even make an attempt... dunno what to do about this phenomenon.
Adding to that, they need to work on animations when the ball is in the air. We need the receiver going up for balls, the DB trying to knock it away. Right now, you might get the receiver to go up and get it but the corner never looks for the ball or bothers to jump. And then sometimes we get the animation where they both stretch their arms out to catch the ball. They should focus on this for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »