Home

Profanity

This is a discussion on Profanity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Profanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
The reason they do this is so when a roster is shared through the EA Locker it will not contain adult content or language. I don't like it but I have children and completely understand. It is very tough to control or direct the content that children are exposed to these days with the interweb and all.
Yeah but Powell and Tilley? Dickey I could see or names like that. Even though I think those names should be allowed because they are real names. I could probably still name a coach Richard Head and that wouldn't get censored, but the last name Powell is blocked for ajtp? That just seems like an absurdly broad net to cast to censor juvenile behavior.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

I couldn't use Woody, had to go with Woodrow.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Maybe post them in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-censored.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
The reason they do this is so when a roster is shared through the EA Locker it will not contain adult content or language. I don't like it but I have children and completely understand. It is very tough to control or direct the content that children are exposed to these days with the interweb and all.
Yeah, this would make sense, except they haven't spent any time optimizing the lists. It's like they downloaded a list of all common words in the ENglish language and then banned them, and took out all common sense. The name "Assumption" is banned (Common english word, name of a religious order of priests, yet it has the word "***" in it), yet, "Baddass" is not banned. "Tilley," "Powell," other's.

I bet if you went through all of the names of the College teams in the game, a handfull would be on the block list... And I'm not just talking about the ones like the "Gamecocks," which would obviously be blocked, but "Army" (arm, has sexual connotation), Michigan ("ich" as in, "Ich Liebe Deutsche," an ancient Germanic insult), BYU Cougars ("Cougars," c'mon now, we all know what Cougars refers to), Colorado Buffaloes ("Buff," hey guys, this isn't a dating simulator, alright).

I know you're just the messenger, but just pointing out how ridiculous it is, and also that we had this exact same problem last year. There was an even a thread, "post dumb words that need ot be fixed," and none of them were fixed. Cummings is still banned, Assumption is still banned, Browns are still banned... more and more.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Don't bother, whole thread was ignored last year. A dozen pages of weird banned words, all of them are still banned including common english words that have no dirty connotation.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Why can't they just filter specific words and bastardizations? Or maybe easier, put in exceptions like Dickey, Cockrell (name of a Duke CB that I had to name Coxrell) etc.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

There's already a thread on this guys. The workaround (rumored) is to disconnect from the internet when naming players... then you can upload to your locker. I'm closing this, because there's already a thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »