Home

My Sad Dynasty Story

This is a discussion on My Sad Dynasty Story within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6
My Sad Dynasty Story

I created my Coach and started off as the OC at western Kentucky. I was hoping to get out of there as soon as possible but it looks like I am not going to get a bigger job anytime soon. I use a custom playbook that is heavy spread so I need a decent QB but I run out of the spread to. So I get beat by Kentucky my first game by about 30. I had a pretty good showing though with 21 pts and Bobby Rainey went crazy. Well I go into the next game pretty confident I would do well against Baylor. I GOT KILLED. In this game my # 1 QB goes down for 5 weeks so as the OC I thought well I will just adapt my playbook to fit my outstanding RB for a while. But Rainey goes down in the same game for 7 weeks. To make it worse my backup QB got hurt to. So now I am down to a 47 overall 3rd string QB and a 67 overall running back. Any suggestions on what toe of playbook I should use the rest of the season BC the spread will not work and I want to get the heck outta this school!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Sad Dynasty Story

Oh wow. I think injury sliders need to be turned down (if it's even an option). I lost my Senior RB for the rest of the season in Week 3 who rushed for over 100 yards in both Game 1 and 2.

Have fun at WKU, bud!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Holy smokes! Good luck sir, nothing to add.

I guess my suggestion would be run the ball. 67 is sure better than 47 in my book.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerpa25
So now I am down to a 47 overall 3rd string QB and a 67 overall running back. Any suggestions on what toe of playbook I should use the rest of the season BC the spread will not work and I want to get the heck outta this school!
Wing T.

Move the HB to QB (or any HB/WR/CB with any THP/THA rating at all), figure out who is better between the 2nd HB or the FB and play them at FB. Move a couple faster WRs to HB.

Grab one of the triple option playbooks and toss in some wildcat formations. And say hello to 1940.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

haha thanks guys I am trying to complete some goals and hopefully not get fired and if a miracle happens get a better job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Wing T.

Move the HB to QB (or any HB/WR/CB with any THP/THA rating at all), figure out who is better between the 2nd HB or the FB and play them at FB. Move a couple faster WRs to HB.

Grab one of the triple option playbooks and toss in some wildcat formations. And say hello to 1940.
Go with that idea for sure

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 07-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Go with that idea for sure
I did in fact I named the playbook 1940s haha
Old 07-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Well, it's really just the idea I kept saying we needed to do at Arkansas in Nutt's last years.

You've got 3 future NFL players in your backfield, and none of them are named Casey Dick. You've brought this Wildcat thing to college football and said "hey, we can run plays where we put the ball in the hands of our best player every time" and we only did that... a small portion of the time.

Arkansas could've run the Triple Option for 2 or 3 years with McFadden, Hillis, and Felix Jones. And heck, if you're doing that, and doing it like Georgia Tech, etc., where you almost never throw, you could've kept Robert Johnson as your quarterback.

And that's another thing I'll never understand. When Matt Jones was a senior, I went to the New Mexico State game and got to see Robert Johnson play for a half or whatever. We were still running the Option Run offense (not the triple option... the option out of standard sets, rather than the flexbone). Robert Johnson is a speedy guy (who changed to WR his senior year)... so we had our new option quarterback. He was no Matt Jones, but still... you're getting a major upgrade at RB... so why did we change to a more pro-style offense and throw Casey Dick in there? It's not like he was some elite quarterback with an awesomely accurate arm...

Anyway, yeah... when you don't have a quarterback, run the triple option. And since you're not passing hardly ever if at all, don't be afraid to put your best running back in the QB spot.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »