Home

Is this really Michigans new playbook?

This is a discussion on Is this really Michigans new playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is this really Michigans new playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
There's custom playbooks now, you can put in as many QB-run plays as you want, OP.
Ive already gotten rid of half the shotgun plays, but Hoke did say they will implement a new offense but keep some plays that were successful for D. Rob so thats why the playbook is half Pro Style/Spread.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Weird that they didn't just use SDSU's from last season. Borges is a West Coast guy. 2-backs, TEs, Start there.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consigliere
Ive already gotten rid of half the shotgun plays, but Hoke did say they will implement a new offense but keep some plays that were successful for D. Rob so thats why the playbook is half Pro Style/Spread.
Yup yup. And not even just DRob, but to take advantage of all those spread-style WRs, too. The smart thing, indeed, would be to run some spread (even some hurry-up spread), and mix in some power/pro stuff. Heck, with the right play-calling it could even become the new Michigan tradition: a base spread attack with power elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't messed with creating plays yet to see how that works but I may try it. I was using texas tech for a game or two, I like the Air raid approach but again there weren't many designed scrambles..Not to mention in that playbook it was mostly Shotgun formation and 4 or 5 wideouts, not alot of TE or running plays. I guess I have to experiment till I find one that I like again like I did last years.
Oh, also what Running back are those that are using Michigan starting?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull
... what Running back are those that are using Michigan starting?
I've been running about 60% Hopkins (#33), 30% Smith (#2), 5% Toussaint (#28), 5% Shaw (#20) ... though I start Smith. FWIW.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I've been running about 60% Hopkins (#33), 30% Smith (#2), 5% Toussaint (#28), 5% Shaw (#20) ... though I start Smith. FWIW.
I've been using Smith alot, but he seems to often need a sub. Also, what is up with Robinson missing a series or two every game so far because of an injury?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull
I've been using Smith alot, but he seems to often need a sub. Also, what is up with Robinson missing a series or two every game so far because of an injury?
Well, check his durability (or is it injury?) rating and raise it if it bothers you. Like others have mentioned, he really has shown a tendency to get periodically knocked out of games so far in his career.

As for Smith, if and when he gets subbed out I welcome it simply because auto-subs don't work very well, imo. I would love to run a 25%/25%/25%/25% split between the backs I mentioned, but it's impossible without doing manual subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
No it's not. Michigan's offense is not going to be like last year. Less spread.
I'm fully aware of that. But on the game, this year's Michigan playbook is pretty much the same as last year's Michigan playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »