Home

Is this really Michigans new playbook?

This is a discussion on Is this really Michigans new playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is this really Michigans new playbook?

Yikes. I played one game with the new Michigan playbook in my OD that I started and I already decided I didn't like it. I thought for sure Coach Hoke would have some nice run plays for Robinson in it, but at least in the game there aren't any fancy plays.
I've played around with a few before in last years game and I always liked Oregons and Flordias. This year, I am going to give SMU a shot, they seem to have a well balanced shot gun play book with running formations as well.
I guess I'm just a little confused as to why the plays that are in there are actually in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is this really Michigans new playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull

Yikes. I played one game with the new Michigan playbook in my OD that I started and I already decided I didn't like it. I thought for sure Coach Hoke would have some nice run plays for Robinson in it, but at least in the game there aren't any fancy plays.
I've played around with a few before in last years game and I always liked Oregons and Flordias. This year, I am going to give SMU a shot, they seem to have a well balanced shot gun play book with running formations as well.
I guess I'm just a little confused as to why the plays that are in there are actually in the game.

I don't think hoke would like his plays to be available to everyone to see.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

It's pretty much the exact same playbook that was on there for Michigan last year.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, the season has not started so nobody knows what Michigan's offense will look like. I would expect our offense too have different wrinkles playbook wise next year. Not much EA can do but attach SDSU's playbook from last year considering Hoke has not coached a game at Michigan. Might want to hold off on your assumption.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJustPull

I didn't know Dan Gilbert posted here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I didn't know Dan Gilbert posted here.

Hahahaha I chuckled.

The last I heard Borges wants to bring in more drop back passes to the offense, and more power running. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was scheming with the Eagles O.C. on how to implement such things with an explosive QB under center.

My guess is that they will go to this style a bit more, but still keep in designed run plays for Denard and the open-field type plays for the scat back style players RRod brought in.

They want to ensure Denard will be healthy for the course of the season, so my guess would be they want to keep his carries down but have him still be a force with his legs whilst learning how to become more of an effective pocket passer.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 07-14-2011, 04:17 AM   #7
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
It's pretty much the exact same playbook that was on there for Michigan last year.
No it's not. Michigan's offense is not going to be like last year. Less spread.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

There's custom playbooks now, you can put in as many QB-run plays as you want, OP.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 07-14-2011 at 07:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »