Home

NCAA 2012 **HOW IS YOUR DYNASTY GOING??**

This is a discussion on NCAA 2012 **HOW IS YOUR DYNASTY GOING??** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #33
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2012 **HOW IS YOUR DYNASTY GOING??**

5-0 as the OC @ San Diego State. I went there because they were a very good rated small school, but my 92 rated QB and 90 rated HB both went down to injuries in the first game of the season (Syracuse -- replaced them over a FCS team)

Games have been close
24-16 W over Syracuse
31-24 W over Army
34-7 W over Washington State
42-21 W over Michigan (Three defensive/special team touchdowns)
40-38 W over TCU

Syracuse was tough. I didn't score at all in the first half(was in a 10-0 hole at half). I dominated the 3rd went into the 4th up 21-10, and held on barely after my two stars were injured in the early part of the 4th. Army was dominating me the whole game and was leading 24-10 midway through the 4th. I had a surprising rally considering the final stat line of 490 offense from Army to my 296. I think Army lost it more than I won it. Washington State was one of my rare fast starts 24-0 at half, and I cruised for a 10-7 advantage in the second frame. Rainy day in Michigan caused a lot of turnovers for them, and I was surprised to be leading a 14-7 game at half. I dominated the third and took a 28-7 lead. Then Michigan "woke up" I thought anyways, and got it to 28-21 heading into the 4th. I had a silly INT, and Michigan looked like they would have an easy tie, but threw a INT that was returned 102 yards for six. Defensive forced a punt and scored on a punt return, and that was all she wrote -- cruised for the W in the final 2-3mins. TCU was back in forth. I was trailing 24-14 at half, but my D came through with about three straight stops to get me in the game, and then it went back in forth to the finish(glad I got the lion's share of the clock in the final 2mins).

It has been really fun, and I've climbed all the way to #18. I'm on cruise control in theory until a meeting with Boise around week 13 I think. Could possibly BCS bust despite the injuries.

(Playing on default Heisman sliders -- 8min quarters)
Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I just took the OC job at Baylor. So happy to be out of San Jose!
HaHa. I bet you are. It was fun having RGIII and then Nick Florence for back to back years lot of options with a scrambling QB.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Lost by 5 in the opener vs. Oregon.

Jordan Jefferson is out for the season with a torn rotator cuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #36
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Loving this game! Just started my dynasty with my Baylor Bears as OC. I revamped the playbook a bit and threw in some more power running plays/formations. I beat TCU! It was close. I believe I beat them by 7... It is a little more fun than I thought not playing the defensive side of the ball. I like the fact I can watch the game while not controlling it. Also if I'm in a hurry I can sim if I want. It's alot of fun running my offense with Griffin III and company! So now I'm 3-0 and ranked 23 in the nation. No Heisman hype yet but I hope Griffin III or some of my other skill positions get consideration. I made Iowa my alma mater. I figure I'll be at Baylor for 2-3 years and then who knows... Once Griffin III leaves I'll want to go, maybe HC or OC at a bigger program. I play 10 min quarters on All American and I seem to be getting good stats. I'm trying to be realistic as far as only recruiting the offensive side of the ball and simming the rest of the recruiting hours for defense. I also want to use a 3-4 defense and a custom defensive playbook but... I'm not the HC or the DC so I am sticking with the Bears 4-3 till I have more control of things as a HC either with Baylor or elsewhere.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #37
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Is there any chance we could get this thread merged with the other one?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #38
Rookie

BryanAllen4's Arena

OVR: 2

Welp. I spent over 2 hours creating my offensive playbook. I spent another hour evaluating 1 star prestige teams to become the Offensive Coordinator at. Then I settled on Arkansas State. I go into preseason and spend another hour and a half doing redshirts, depth chart, and recruiting board. THEN I try and play the game..first game at Illinois. Tried 4 different times, froze all four times.

Basically, I'll let you know once I get my Dynasty going..
Old 07-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #39
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMamba
No they just gave me a 1 year deal to start with. I would have left anyway though lol they get injured on every big tackle haha.

On a update went 7-5 in first year with Fla then won the cotton bowl first win in a bowl game of my coaching career.

Have a+ prestige now deciding whether to finish my contract but leaning towards Taking the ucla head coaching gig bout ready to play some damn defense lol.

And Yes Fla was only 3 star prestige when I signed with them for the 2015 season blew my mind too cre8 lol.
How long did it take you to get to a A+ prestige?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Yea, they are terrible. I am a decent player and averaging only 13 a game controlling the Offense. Just horrible. D came up big for me last game though. Beat Navy 13-10 in OT as the D shut them out in the extra possesion. I move to 3-8 lol.

On the getting fired aspect, how are your goals? For the offense, mine are pretty easy. 500 rushin yards, 7 Passing TDs, 10+ pts a game, 2,400 total yards..... not too bad
Comparing my goals to the OC's goals and I look to complete less than him. His goals are jokes. Get 10+ points a game, 500 rushing yards in one season, 50% completion on the year. He can easily get those stats and still go 0-12 even with the best defense in the nation. 10 points a game is a joke and will never give you any success.

My defense has put up ugly stats, but what am I supposed to do when my offense literally goes 3 and out in 75% of their possessions?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »